Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Canadian Audi Connect

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 04:21 PM
BEH
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian Audi Connect

Audi Connect is not available in Canada, however if I take my Canadian Car to Florida for the winter can I sign up and use it there?
Old 06-21-2012, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think you would need the MMI Software for the US.

Does your A6 have a SIM card slot between the 2 SD card slots?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I was actually quite upset when I got my car to find this out. There is no SIM slot, and there is no way to tether it to your phone either so no.

If I ever buy another Audi I'm buying it in the US and driving it across.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:03 PM
BEH
Audiworld Junior Member

I am taking delivery Monday so will look for it and also ask salesman.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Is the connect service really necessary? With cell phone being able act as wifis why not teather? We don't get changes for teathering and the data plans are unlimited here in Seoul. But I understand some countries teathering charges may apply. However, are the teathering charges over $30?
Old 06-22-2012, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

In the ideal world what you describe makes sense but here all the data functionality in MMI is disabled. This means:

- No Google connectivity/updated maps
- No sending addresses to your car
- No traffic data

Considering all of this is just disabled software because they probably couldn't negotiate some sort of kickback from one the major phone carriers here; it just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

They could have removed the sim slot and left pairing options in so it could get the data from your phone as you describe but they didn't.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mdkv5
In the ideal world what you describe makes sense but here all the data functionality in MMI is disabled. This means:

- No Google connectivity/updated maps
- No sending addresses to your car
- No traffic data

Considering all of this is just disabled software because they probably couldn't negotiate some sort of kickback from one the major phone carriers here; it just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

They could have removed the sim slot and left pairing options in so it could get the data from your phone as you describe but they didn't.
Well that's not very good. We have 3rd party pairing for the A6 but no one uses it. We also have a navigation system from 3rd party which Audi Korea installs at no additional charge and includes all the traffic speed cameras. Very accurate but not as good as new navigations from Lexus or BMW. Maybe there will be a 3rd party vender in Canada that can do something similar.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe some of the European Owners can chime in on this one. I believe that in Europe they can use the "rSAP" Bluetooth technology, which I think is from Nokia, to share their phones data connection with the car.

Another question for European Owners, does your models have SIM card slots? Do you just get a duplicate card and use that in there?
Old 09-26-2016, 05:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So apparently Audi Connect is now in Canada. I registered my car last night and downloaded some Audi Connect app but not sure how it's the same. Anyway, it connected through my iPhone into MMI but no display on my car anywhere came through though the internet radio on the app did work thought my car.

Here's a screen shot of my phone connected to my 2017 A4 just not sure how to connect it as my A4 does NOT have the Audi Connect option anywhere but I do have a SIM card slot......waiting for response from dealership.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is very promising! Please let us know what the dealership says or if you menage to get it working.

Quick Reply: Canadian Audi Connect