Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Carista App questions and input

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIO
So I got mine today and windows up down with key worked perfect! Laptimer and daytime lights up to 80% look cool and probably not brute enough to bother others ! I was wondering about the WINK.. mine made no difference
Can you tell me exactly which boxes you checked? Here are screen shots of the different things I could check. I tried several combinations. BTW, what you see below is not how I had them checked, so please don't tell me that I should have checked this or that just because of what is checked below.

Last edited by jjsC6; 02-20-2017 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This is my settings for windows
Attached Thumbnails Carista App questions and input-photo427.jpg   Carista App questions and input-photo645.jpg   Carista App questions and input-photo30.jpg  
Old 02-21-2017, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks CHIO. I'll try those settings.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

great and fast response from Carista concerning the WINK on 16's

I am sorry to hear about the trouble. The thing is, when the turn signal and the DRLs are both LED strips, the wink cannot be disabled. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:06 AM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Probably same for 17 then. I have the xenon headlights. Wonder if I changed out the incandescent turn signal bulb to LED if that would be the case too?
Old 02-21-2017, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by bpd
Probably same for 17 then. I have the xenon headlights. Wonder if I changed out the incandescent turn signal bulb to LED if that would be the case too?
Probably!
Old 02-21-2017, 04:25 PM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Wait a second. Im not familiar with the LED headlights. But what Im reading is the amber turn signal is the off the same strip of lights as the DRL? If so, I might be ok since my turn signal is a separate bulb from my DRL's.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I set everything the way CHIO did and it works now. There is no logic to it so I'm sure others will struggle with it as well. Carista needs to make the settings more user friendly. In my searches I found that owners of other models of Audis could not make it work either.

Thanks CHIO

Oh, I should have mentioned I did not say yes to the power top command.

Last edited by jjsC6; 02-21-2017 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jjsC6
I set everything the way CHIO did and it works now. There is no logic to it so I'm sure others will struggle with it as well. Carista needs to make the settings more user friendly. In my searches I found that owners of other models of Audis could not make it work either.

Thanks CHIO

Oh, I should have mentioned I did not say yes to the power top command.
Your welcome!! well with the top it was wishful thinking in so many ways!!
Old 02-22-2017, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quick update. I mentioned that I sent a message to Carista the other day explaining my problem. This is what I would call good news not so good news news. The good news is that they responded (three days) and told me what to do. What I will call the not so good news is that they essentially told me I should have looked at their blog to figure out how to set it.

Maybe for some folks looking for a blog to see how to set it is an acceptable method. I'm not as savvy on these things and would have never thought of that. Considering their module that I bought comes with literally zero directions on how to use it, and their app does not have any narrative on how to learn how to use it, I find that to be a little lacking.

When you plug the module in and run the app, it tells you it is searching your ECU to determine what features you car supports, I find it a little odd that it comes up with a long list of settings that my car does not even have (such as the above mentioned convertible top) and there are an awful lot to options pertaining to setting the windows/sunroof going up down. As you can see above, there are settings for both a remote and for a "smart key". I don't even know the difference between a remote and a smart key for an A7.

Maybe it's just the nature of these sort of "tools", but it would have been much better if after searching my ECU to determine which features are available on my car if it only made those settings available to set.

Last edited by jjsC6; 02-22-2017 at 03:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Carista App questions and input