Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Chipwerke piggyback results

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Murat and which web site? I see I can google chipwerke and buy from factory or there is a vitalgarage on ebay?
Old 02-06-2016, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

I ordered a Pro I will update all with my results
Old 02-08-2016, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcuff1
I ordered a Pro I will update all with my results
Would be interested in hearing your report after installation and testing. How many miles on your 2012?
Old 02-08-2016, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just want to put my 2cents in this thread. I purchased the ChipWere and toyed with it for roughly 4 months.

It made power no doubt and I only threw an under boost code once, but I could never get the power delivery to be smooth. I purchased the 'S' version of the product which a few people on Audizine seemed to have good luck with.

My recommendation to anyone who's thinking about buying it is to send it back within the 30 day money back period if it doesn't deliver. If you can't tweak it to be what you want in 30 days, then it won't ever be.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Motown_Dub
Just want to put my 2cents in this thread. I purchased the ChipWere and toyed with it for roughly 4 months.

It made power no doubt and I only threw an under boost code once, but I could never get the power delivery to be smooth. I purchased the 'S' version of the product which a few people on Audizine seemed to have good luck with.

My recommendation to anyone who's thinking about buying it is to send it back within the 30 day money back period if it doesn't deliver. If you can't tweak it to be what you want in 30 days, then it won't ever be.
There are many versions of this product and many versions of cars but you don't state your location or the car/engine that you used it on. Motown is a clue to location but Tata has a Motown in India so I'm not convinced.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

I installed it last night. It was 2-minute deal and noticed immediate to WOW instant response. My car is a 2013 3.0T prestige A6

In stock form, my car is jerky at low speeds especially in traffic. It seems like crawling at low speeds the car upshifts but when I brake or let off the gas quick it forgets to downshifts and it clunks.

I expected more of that initally but my quick drive last night was mostly hiway. a few lights and no traffic jams. But I did not notice anything different

I tried D, S and Manual modes and there is power everywhere. From dead stop before the chip I would typically have to use S to get the most out of it where D was definitely a little lazy or had to floor it 100%.

With the chip I am using less pedal input but in D from the dead stop it was way faster then S mode 0-60 and S mode cruising over 50MPH and the torque and SOTP is instant and throws up back way into 100+mph.

I will try some dyno apps for fun tonight on the way home.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jjcuff1

With the chip I am using less pedal input but in D from the dead stop it was way faster then S mode 0-60 and S mode cruising over 50MPH and the torque and SOTP is instant and throws up back way into 100+mph.

I read this 4 times but still have no clue what it means.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

My bad, I wrote it on my iphone quickly.
Overall I notice that I am using less throttle to get up my speed. I drive in D 99% of the time.

When I do want to get on it at a redlight or an on ramp I would, stock form, hit S an stomp on it to get the quicker tranny shift. Using D, stock form, works almost as well but I do have to stomp it WOT and wait for an extra gear shift so hence it is a little slower.

Now with the chip, I find I can stomp it in same situations as using S when stock and it is still faster and shifts just fine. S mode is a total beast. Especially when I am cruising above 50mph it throws me back 2x as hard as stock form.

Make more sense?

I downloaded perfexpert dyno app and bought a cheap go pro clone and wifi obd2 sensor so I can overall my info on a live screen shot. I will mount and play with stock vs chip runs and see what the difference really is. I am thinking the dyno app will definitely see the gear rpm when shifting. Curious to see if different with the chip.

The gopro clone was only $45 and HD and works with gopro stuff. Anyone have good place to mount in the grill?
Old 02-10-2016, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I have used Chipwerke for the last 36k miles and like it. Cheap fun, easy install and removal for service with no TD1. Third and forth gear are now the fun gears😄
Old 02-11-2016, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DB22
I have used Chipwerke for the last 36k miles and like it. Cheap fun, easy install and removal for service with no TD1. Third and forth gear are now the fun gears😄
Well like DB22 said it is great fun and seems like safe fun for cheAp! Now the short jerky shifting..

I bought perfexpert dyno app, Chinese GoPro and track addict to have log results. I still have to get set up but I think the jerkiness I think is gear 1-2 2-3 shifts when you feel it 'short shift'

Now that means there is more torque and power and at 4000 rpm it up shifts probably cause boost is too high.

Rolling starts from 3 or driving from 3 up and laying gradually into the throttle it is beast and fun and shifts normal all in d mode up to 6k and your at 100mph by 5th

If you stomp it in traffic at 3 depending on load and rpm it might bog but works All the same.

Anything over 3rd crushing at 45mph plus u can hammer it with d or s or manual and u will get normal shifts and tons of torque and power

The little quirk is Below 3rd:
Normal d driving I never notice
Trying to do this perf dyno mode and holding one gear in 2nd is hard

The car up shifts to safe over boost or something and app shows multiple shifts

Car still feels fast but trying to get solid 1-2, 2-3 launch and hold to 6k shifts is hard it seems throttle doesn't respond or tbw shuts down and dyno chart shows it in rpm blips

But rolling at 2-3 then lay into 3 and i can redline 3 or 4 with full pulls 5 pull too but then I am well over 100

Quick Reply: Chipwerke piggyback results