Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Mods for new c7

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 06:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods for new c7

I have just received a 2013 A6 3.0 for my first car for Christmas and I am already looking to do some things to it (performance + exhaust wise). Has anyone done any exhaust mods to their 3.0? If so please post sound clips! And what are your thoughts on APR, I've done some research but I figured there is nothing better than to get reviews/advice directly from the people who have used APR or a similar performance company... Thanks guys!
Old 01-31-2017, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wouldn't worry too much about any mods. You'll probably wreck it in short order.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by williamrossiv
I have just received a 2013 A6 3.0 for my first car for Christmas and I am already looking to do some things to it (performance + exhaust wise). Has anyone done any exhaust mods to their 3.0? If so please post sound clips! And what are your thoughts on APR, I've done some research but I figured there is nothing better than to get reviews/advice directly from the people who have used APR or a similar performance company... Thanks guys!
Congratulations on the new ride!

I have a AWE touring exhaust and a Injen intake among other things. It transforms the looks and sounds of the car. Take your time, read what others have done and decide in what direction you want to go. There plenty of info on here and on Audizine.com.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nakedhoof
I wouldn't worry too much about any mods. You'll probably wreck it in short order.
Damn that's harsh..
Old 01-31-2017, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bonafyd
Damn that's harsh..
Fast car. First car. Inevitability knocks harshly on those so inducted.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are 16 and this is your first car, please be careful. Trust me, when I was 16 my parents bought me a brand new car, and I crashed it 4 times in 2 years. My first accident was the 1st week I had the car. Just buy a VAG-COM cable and do those mods. IMHO you shouldn't do any performance mods until you've had the car for at least a year. The 3.0T is fast enough. I almost lost it around a high speed corner the 1st month I had it because the car can get floaty and I have the sport suspension. If you don't have the sport suspension from the sport package, I would look into that probably as well. Be safe out there.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bonafyd
Damn that's harsh..
Agreed^...
Old 01-31-2017, 04:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by huntergts
If you are 16 and this is your first car, please be careful. Trust me, when I was 16 my parents bought me a brand new car, and I crashed it 4 times in 2 years. My first accident was the 1st week I had the car. Just buy a VAG-COM cable and do those mods. IMHO you shouldn't do any performance mods until you've had the car for at least a year. The 3.0T is fast enough. I almost lost it around a high speed corner the 1st month I had it because the car can get floaty and I have the sport suspension. If you don't have the sport suspension from the sport package, I would look into that probably as well. Be safe out there.
Thanks man!
Old 01-31-2017, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by williamrossiv
Agreed^...
Reality is harsh. Good luck with the car, and drive carefully.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

I agree with the guy telling you about that.
although if you're calm you wont do anything bad, but you seem like you want a sporty loud car.
not a good idea, I don't even understand why you can even have a driving license at 16!
Myself, I am 19(20in two months) and I drive A6 Tdi 245Hp (Mine and brothers) and I can say its really fast car, even though I drive from the age of 14.
You should be proud you got that really big car at 16, so put the other stuff down and just drive carefully.

Quick Reply: Mods for new c7