Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Chipwerke piggyback results

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason for much of the vagueness at low rpm is because the box actually cuts boost over stock at low rpm. In fact if you raise the rpm engagement range of the box, the computer will complain of an underboost from what was requested.

You can try lowering the rpm range to get rid of some of that hesitation. When you use Sport mode the tranny keeps the motor out of that more dead range. Try changing the right switch from 1 to G? (the next one down) and see if the situation improves in normal Drive mode. You may get a code though so make sure you have access to a vagcomm cable to clear it.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Seems like everyone has many great things to say about this product. I am wondering if anyone with a 2016 3.0T with s-line sports package has installed it. There is a nice track in West Virginia I would love to get my car out there sometime before the winter comes. I throughly enjoy the performance aspect of my car and the comfort when needed. I want to experience the full capability of my car as some other members have expressed.

Is the chip just a plug and play as the website implies? When I remove it all settings go back to factory specs?

Thanks
Old 10-06-2015, 06:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered my Chipwerke pro last Tuesday, it arrived on Thursday! I have been running it since then and it is a huge difference!
Gas Milagros has suffered but I'm sure my foots been in it pretty deep
I was worried about the transmission being weird but it's been perfectly smooth.
I wonder if I should run it in sport mode or regular?
Time will tell
Old 10-22-2015, 07:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

• ChipWerke settings changes depends on each individual vehicles;Diesel, Gasoline,Supercharged,Turbo,Transmission(Automatic or Manual),Also your neighborhood fuel quality etc. They all affect programming (Map) therefore dial settings.
  • Dial 1 (Power) it raises up the map on program so you will get more boost or fuel pressure depends on your connections.
  • Dial 2(Rpm) it determines when the chip tuning programs ends(for example:When sensor voltages reaches 1.2v to 5v depend om setting it will not add any more power.Easiest way explain it will determine to your power band on RPM you can carry power Between 1500 rpm to 8000 rpm,depends on vehicles.
  • Dial 2 not always active(determined by program,for example: Audi 3.0 TFSI cars program does not activate dial 2 so turning dial 2 will not affect anything)
  • On each dial 8 is beginning (minumum), 7 is end (maximum), But it does not mean that you can turn up your settings all the way up 7. Chipwerke does not bypass your vehicles security parameters if you turn up the dial more than Factory Settings you may get CEL (check engine light) and limited power because of vehicle’s ECU security parameters.That means chipwerke can not damage your engine so you are safe.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

I live at 6,500 feet and often drive over an 8,900 foot pass. Will Chipwerke improve my 2013 A6 3.0T performance?
Old 10-26-2015, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dicktahoe
I live at 6,500 feet and often drive over an 8,900 foot pass. Will Chipwerke improve my 2013 A6 3.0T performance?
it is really hard to tell something specific but i load little different map on high altitude customers so far no complain.Also We give you 30 Days of money back guaranteed. Use it 20-25 days if you think no power gain you can simply return it for full refund.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Vitalen Garage

• ChipWerke settings changes depends on each individual vehicles;Diesel, Gasoline,Supercharged,Turbo,Transmission(Automatic or Manual),Also your neighborhood fuel quality etc. They all affect programming (Map) therefore dial settings.
  • Dial 1 (Power) it raises up the map on program so you will get more boost or fuel pressure depends on your connections.
  • Dial 2(Rpm) it determines when the chip tuning programs ends(for example:When sensor voltages reaches 1.2v to 5v depend om setting it will not add any more power.Easiest way explain it will determine to your power band on RPM you can carry power Between 1500 rpm to 8000 rpm,depends on vehicles.
  • Dial 2 not always active(determined by program,for example: Audi 3.0 TFSI cars program does not activate dial 2 so turning dial 2 will not affect anything)
  • On each dial 8 is beginning (minumum), 7 is end (maximum), But it does not mean that you can turn up your settings all the way up 7. Chipwerke does not bypass your vehicles security parameters if you turn up the dial more than Factory Settings you may get CEL (check engine light) and limited power because of vehicle’s ECU security parameters.That means chipwerke can not damage your engine so you are safe.
I have the pro s on my 3.0t. What number or letter is mine set at when I receive it? Also, If I turn dial 1 up 1 notch, will it be ok with higher octane? I run 91 in it now.
Thanks,
Shawn
Old 11-02-2015, 11:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by shawn kraft
I have the pro s on my 3.0t. What number or letter is mine set at when I receive it? Also, If I turn dial 1 up 1 notch, will it be ok with higher octane? I run 91 in it now.
Thanks,
Shawn
i need to know your serial number on the chip.
is that yours Pro or S model? you can increase dial1 1 click
Higher octane means better results with chipwerke
Old 11-03-2015, 05:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Murat,

For the Pro model and 91 octane (non-DSG automatic), what is the best setting? Is it B-1? Thank you!
Old 11-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Vitalen Garage
i need to know your serial number on the chip.
is that yours Pro or S model? you can increase dial1 1 click
Higher octane means better results with chipwerke
It is the pro, not the s
It is currently on 4 and 1. Is this correct or is it down too low?
I think the serial number is 108269 or its 810114615682
Also, what is this piece?
Attached Images  

Last edited by shawn kraft; 11-03-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Chipwerke piggyback results