Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Chipwerke piggyback results

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha Haveblue/.. thanks for the reply..
Old 05-05-2016, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

i would also make sure there is no code in the system regarding "incorrect boost pressure" before going in the stearlership for stuff
Old 05-06-2016, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vodka G
i would also make sure there is no code in the system regarding "incorrect boost pressure" before going in the stearlership for stuff
My OBDeleven should be here soon so I'll let you know.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Haveblue, can you pls share the settings on your chipwerke?
Old 05-21-2016, 10:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Read from here forward or back

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-.../#post24615504
Old 05-23-2016, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

My Review:
It is definitely a fun chip and drivable everyday. I took it off for a week here and there and one thing I noticed was smoothness of the stock tune. Shifting and power delivery especially from a dead stop. If you leave it in drive, TCS on and just want to have some red light fun with car next to you it was easy to get caught off guard. I really had to finesse the throttle, stay mid, and just in the boost without forcing the tranny to shift too soon. This would provide torque and quick times and throw you back for sure.

but 90% of the time if you hammer it, the boost would feel great but the ECU would shift around 3500 1-2 and 2-3 only until 4th would you get to hit redline and takeoff. SO you would typically do 0-60 in 4th gear which was slow because of the shifting although it 'feels' faster than stock.

So for red lights I found TCS off (to reduce torque nannies) and manual mode was best way to launch and you can cross 0-60 in 3rd. You still will have some forced shifting around 5500-6000 I think. From my SOTP dyno

Hiway and s mode was awesome way to destroy some cars and where the CW shines. Cruising at 50-60mp and s mode or downshift to 4 or 5th and it really kicks in and your at 80mph in a blink of an eye and coming up on 100.

Gas MPG did suffer about a point.
I also noticed the sound of engine was more harsh under load. especially with my intake on. I didn't notice it much until I went back to stock and I heard the smooth air rush and some whine with the stock and even EPL tune.

So my feelings were: I love the boost the CW provides and I am going to continue to use it but I didnt like the possible long term effects of the short shifting will have on the drivetrain and I was leary of the harsh sound of the engine. Like the boost was not in sync with the engine was not good. And being tuned I wanted to play with otehr cars and hate to have a tune, even a cheap one, and still get caught off guard against other cars at a light which will happen with the CW.

So I went with the EPL. I was nervous at first flashing but it was painless. I have not brought it in for service but it drives stock. Smooth, engine sounds great and under load it purrs with a nice growl.

Initially I felt the boost at 80% of the CW. After about 1 week the car came alive. The chip tuning is evident at all RPM ranges and off at red lights.

Applying mid throttle at any gear you feel the boost kick you back and the car is pulling like a train. Using my dyno apps (perf expert and dash command)

My stock tune and CW tune really had very little variation 0-60. The CW actually being slower most of the time by .3sec from stock. It did have peak faster of about .3 from stock on my best day but on average it was the same as stock.

HP/TQ the CW added probably 40HP and 50ft-lbs and you feel it up top.

THE EPL on day 1 not even fully learned, the 0-60 was a solid 0.5sec faster then my fastest CW or Stock tune and i got it down to 1.3sec faster by the end of day 2.

I want to get a vagcom to compare the epl and flash back to stock and then try CW again just for a review.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is "EPL" and where do you buy it or get it installed?
Old 05-23-2016, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dc/dc
My OBDeleven should be here soon so I'll let you know.
I have now had mine on for about two weeks, and scanned several times with OBDeleven. No codes reported.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dc/dc
I have now had mine on for about two weeks, and scanned several times with OBDeleven. No codes reported.
I went about 6 weeks before my first code. It was the same: boost sensor a or something.

If you drive in heavy traffic in low gears stop start and then speed up seems to trigger it faster. Probably had it hit about 1x month, clears easy enough though.

EPL is a flash tune like APR.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jjcuff1
I went about 6 weeks before my first code. It was the same: boost sensor a or something.

If you drive in heavy traffic in low gears stop start and then speed up seems to trigger it faster. Probably had it hit about 1x month, clears easy enough though.
I'll keep paying attention to it.

Out of curiosity, what motor do you have?

Quick Reply: Chipwerke piggyback results