Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Comfort Seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yes forgot to mention my P+ seats also have 4-way lumbar. I think only major difference is that Prestige (besides being ventilated) have a slightly longer thigh support.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I started seriously looking at the A6/7 I had major concerns about the seats. I had a 2012 BMW 550 with the Luxury Seating Package which were comfortable beyond reproach. I sat in the Audi seats and drove them a couple of times. I finally discovered that I just had not spent enough time getting them adjusted to suit me. I now have 5000 miles on my car with the base Prestige seats and am very happy with them.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by TheHeadFL
The Prestige seats do have the lumbar (4-way i guess?), but not adjustable side bolsters or thigh supports. Also no massage.
True. And no retractable food tray or espresso machine either. But hey, you can't have everything, right?
Old 05-28-2015, 08:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jjsC6
When I started seriously looking at the A6/7 I had major concerns about the seats. I had a 2012 BMW 550 with the Luxury Seating Package which were comfortable beyond reproach. I sat in the Audi seats and drove them a couple of times. I finally discovered that I just had not spent enough time getting them adjusted to suit me. I now have 5000 miles on my car with the base Prestige seats and am very happy with them.
This is encouraging, thanks. If you came from the multi contour in the 550 and are happy without the comfort seats in the Audi, that's definitely a good sign.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

It seems that the Audi engineers decided to make a seat that is competitive in this cars price bracket but it costs a little more than the bean counters had appropriated so the engineers were then asked to make a sub par seat and then a crap seat so they could justify charging extra for the one they should have used in the first place.

Why would a car company that is striving to be the best in its sector not market the best seat that they could come up with? If you asked your engineering department to design a new widget and you had three submissions, would you choose the crap one or would you choose the best one?
Old 05-29-2015, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My P+ seats are significantly more comfortable than the Prestige seats on loaners from the dealer.

Might be the lack of seat cooling that makes the P+ seats softer. Nice to hear that more comfortable seats are available on the Prestige, as their stock seats would have hindered me from giving that trim level serious consideration.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by James517
My P+ seats are significantly more comfortable than the Prestige seats on loaners from the dealer.

Might be the lack of seat cooling that makes the P+ seats softer. Nice to hear that more comfortable seats are available on the Prestige, as their stock seats would have hindered me from giving that trim level serious consideration.
Well, there you go. My experience with test driving both trims before ordering was exactly the opposite. I liked the Prestige seat's longer thigh bolster and felt the ventilation perforations made the seat softer (and more comfortable in summer heat). After 35K miles with some long trips, I've had no discomfort nor any regrets with the Prestige - while the seats may not be the same as found in an A8, they are more than acceptable to me. Not to mention the many other upgrades the Prestige trim included.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Totally subjective
Old 05-29-2015, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by chrisny
Totally subjective
As are most opinions made in the forums.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
As are most opinions made in the forums.
Except mine, I am always objective. Heheheheheheheh.

Quick Reply: Comfort Seats