Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Considering a 2013 A6 3.0T - please advise

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 07:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I'll jump in here. My full front Xpel Ultimate was installed in July 2012 and as I've reported elsewhere on the forums, still looks like new, No fading or discoloring and no blemishes or damage from rock hits whatsoever. Coupled with Opti-Coat Pro/Plus paint protection, my car still looks glossy as the day I took delivery. Best two investments I've ever made on a new car.
The only pieces of film that were replaced was after an accident I had last summer.
Sounds good. Which shop did you use? I am in CT so closer to your location. I checked the XPEL website as well and saw a few recommended/certified installers and Automobilia Auto Salon had a pretty high number of work hours/ installs indicated.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

I use Unique Care Care in Stoneham, MA, just north of Boston. Rick is rated as one of the top ten detailers in the country and he and his crew do excellent work. Not the least expensive but none better (there are always Ferraris, Porches and Lambos being worked on in the shop). I would think well worth the trip to the Boston area. Give Rick a call and tell him Glenn, a Moderator at AudiWorld sent you - he'll take good care of you. Here's their website:

Unique Car Care | Luxury & Exotic Car Detailing & Clear Bra Installation - Stoneham, MA
Old 05-09-2016, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uts88
Saw your signature and was wondering how is the XPEL holding up? When did you get it installed?
I had mine installed approximately two months after I purchased the car. Both the dealership and installer said it would be a good idea to for the paint. Since it's been installed, if you didn't know it was there, you would never know. I've had no issues with it peeling, fading or cracking. The car still looks like it did the day I picked it up. I've even had the car detailed a few times and forgot to tell the guy and even he didn't notice. It's a great product and well worth the money IMO.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

Update..

Installed the "famous" Roc Euro intake yesterday. Overall very happy with the new noise.
- Super simple install, 15 minutes
- From a stop, brisk acceleration whine is amazing
- Letting off the gas after medium-high load makes a "swoosh" sound

I'll be shooting video soon.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I know it is a bit late to help the OP, but I wanted to add my 2 cents anyway for the benefit (or disgust) of anyone else considering both engines. lol
I had the 3.0 supercharged engine in my 2010 A6 P+, then got the 2.0 in my 2015 A6 P+ and again in my 2016 A6 P+. In my experience both 2.0 engines were/are smoother at idle than the 3.0 was, but that might be an anomaly that most won’t face. On the 3.0 the steering wheel would vibrate at idle in D and even a little in N. I had it to the dealer several times but everything checked out as normal. In my first test drive of the 2013 2.0 the most immediate impression I had is that the car was smoother at idle (and actually in all driving conditions) than the 2010 3.0 had been so that sold me to save some money and get the 4-banger.
The additional power in the 2016 2.0 is somewhat offset by the revised transmission programming that makes it stay in a higher gear as long as possible for the benefit of fuel economy. This makes the car seem to lug on long up-hills unless I take it out of cruise control or force a downshift with the paddles.
The one thing I did not see posted here is that to me the 2.0 has a lighter, more nimble driving dynamic/feel. I am not talking compared to the 2010 I had with the 3.0 (that was the C6), but compared to the 2013 and 2016 3.0’s I test drove at the dealer before getting both my 2013 and 2016 2.0’s. The 3.0’s felt more reluctant to change direction and seemed to plow a bit in comparison to the 2.0. Also, the 2.0 seemed to absorb potholes a bit better in my view.
Anyway, my 2 cents.
Thanks you, this is some good info. Have been leanings towards v6 but will not look away from 4banger if I find a good deal.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes. The 2016 A6 2.0 does lug in D. I put it in S for more pep. D for distance and traffic jams with start stop activated. I have paddle shifters but never use them. I have enough to do in my old age. Always seems like a dumb feature since I have many stick cars in the day.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Dskvid
Thanks you, this is some good info. Have been leanings towards v6 but will not look away from 4banger if I find a good deal.
Don't dismiss the 3.0T. Mine has no vibration at idle, handles the twisties like a much lighter car and surges smoothly like a V8 with no hesitation when power is needed. I know there are plenty of 2.0T A6 owners who love their car but I vote for the 3.0T hands down. I suggest you drive both one after the other, if possible, and make your own decision.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Or just get an S6. 4.0t is sublime!
Old 09-08-2016, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

25K miles of ownership event.

- $0 in unscheduled repairs (other than tires... I destroyed 4 so far)
- OEM brakes are still terribly noisy and dusty
- Very satisfied with the power it's putting out (apr stage 2)
- Finally got around to doing some VAG-COM mods, happy about that
Old 02-07-2017, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rococo
I just had the same choice to make as the OP. I picked up a 2012 A6 3.0T Prestige with sport package (18") at Audi Meadowlands in NJ. It was a good experience and they were wicked responsive until I gave them a deposit to hold the car lol. Then it was like trying to raise the dead to coordinate the pick up and pay.

Anywho it had 60,199 on the odometer and I picked it up for 25,288. It had Audi Care on it and all the service, including tires, were done at the dealer. My buddy is a master Tech at Wagner Audi in Shrewsbury, MA so he checked it out and it was all good. It drove like a dream and I ended up passing on he warranty. He told me the powertrain is bullet proof in these cars (3.0T) except for the occasional injector job. BTW I did check the Carfax and Autocheck, definitely worth the expense.

Rocco,

Looking to get into a A6 with similar specs like yours 2012 A6 Prestige with 60k on the odo. Dealer price is about $24k, but figure I can get them down to at least $23k or less. Since you've had your car do you have any advice on what to look for and any regrets. Looking at the car tomorrow so I would appreciate a quick reply. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Considering a 2013 A6 3.0T - please advise