Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Cost of Audi Connect

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
- Google Earth map overlays
- WiFi in car for up to 5 devices
- Google live Online Destination search integrated in car Standard and Google Earth maps (in addition to fixed, limited POIs preloaded on car with Standard map)
- Send destinations to car from Google Maps on the web and manage these from myAudi website
- Live Weather, Gas Prices, Travel Info and News
- Google Street View
- All data is in 3G where available

Note: live Traffic map overlays do not come from Audiconnect/T-Mobile but come from Sirius and are included with 3 month Sirius trial subscription (4 years traffic is included free on select 2013 Audi models with Nav+; i.e. A6. Sirius Radio requires paid subscription after free trial).
I think Snagit has this copied somewhere and just pastes it every time this question comes up (good job)
Old 11-19-2012, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't continue my service. I do miss it, but I don't travel much. There are threads on using a pre-paid SIM card from another provider. It's much cheaper, depending on your data needs.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Perfect summary, many thanks. Still learning the features/benefits on this car.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

bought mine exactly a month ago, was never offered
Old 11-19-2012, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Rush2112
I think Snagit has this copied somewhere and just pastes it every time this question comes up (good job)
Nope. Typed it up. Good idea, though.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi guys! (My first post here on AudiWorld) I just purchased my 2013 A6 Prestige today and also included the Audi Connect discount plan for $450. Without your earlier posts I wouldn't have known about it, so I thank you all. The salesperson told me it was introduced less than a month ago.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by AcuraUpToAudi
Hi guys! (My first post here on AudiWorld) I just purchased my 2013 A6 Prestige today and also included the Audi Connect discount plan for $450. Without your earlier posts I wouldn't have known about it, so I thank you all. The salesperson told me it was introduced less than a month ago.
Welcome to the club

I got the deal in July.. Decent offer.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So, just to confirm, there is no subscription requirement with Audi to use Audi connect? All it takes is a GSM (T-Mobile or AT&T) data enabled SIM card, correct?
Old 11-21-2012, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AcuraUpToAudi
Congratulations on your new ride and welcome to AW!

Interesting to hear that it's only been out a month -- interesting that it's half way between the pay-per-moth price of $30 and $0, which is probably what most owners (or at least more than Audi and T-Mobile hoped for) are paying if the reports on AW are an accurate indication of owner behavior.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Interex
So, just to confirm, there is no subscription requirement with Audi to use Audi connect? All it takes is a GSM (T-Mobile or AT&T) data enabled SIM card, correct?
With the major providers like T-Mobile or AT&T, you can pay for a month at a time. T-Mobile data will be unlimited by month and AT&T will be for specified data qtys by month. Or you could use a third party Sim card and account like TruSim which charge by the kb from your preloaded payments. Note that an AT&T Sim will only give you 2G speeds. Any T-Mobile based provider will be 3G (where available). Different 3G systems.

Be aware if you plan on using lots of Google Earth map data and in car wifi, the costs can quickly get pretty steep with the data based plans. If so, T-Mobile usually will be less expensive, even at $30 per month. If you plan on using only the other Google services of AudiConnect like Google Search, the pay-for-what you-use plans will almost always be less expensive.

Quick Reply: Cost of Audi Connect