Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

CPO 2012 A6 Prestige nightmare dealer

Old 06-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPO 2012 A6 Prestige nightmare dealer

So, I have joined the A6 ranks, but not without some drama. After much research and searching, I ended up buying a CPO Prestige with 16,000 miles, sport, LED, Side Assist, the right color (Ice silver)...everything I wanted. To get this, I had to order it from out of state. The sales process was an absolute nightmare, but I stayed with it bc the car was exactly what I wanted. Eventually the car shipped and...

1. Back-up camera does not work (does nto turn on in reverse)
2. MMI screen hide button does not work, cannot hide MMI screen
3. Driver's side windshield sprayer doesnt work
4. Right front and rear wheel have significant wheel damage from curbing.
5. Right rear tire has a 1/3" deep chunk missing from the sidewall due to curbing
6. Car was 2/3 low on oil...I had to put 3 quarts in and the indicator still doesnt show full!
7. The 25K/3 year service is due this month...they shipped the car without doing it.

Obviously, the "CPO Checklist" they sent me was total BS, as all these things were checked "ok."

What would you do in this situation? Obviously, the first three items are under warranty, but it is my time and effort to fix. The wheels, tire, and 25k service are issues I am thinking the selling dealer should pay for in full.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That is unbelievable! I'd take the car to the nearest Audi dealership so that they could verify the condition of the car, and file a complaint with corporate on the dealership that "certified" the vehicle. The new dealership may be able to actually certify the vehicle, depending on what happens when you file the complaint.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I also purchased a CPO 2012 prestige about 6 months ago.

When I purchased it, it just came into inventory and sales guy told me it did not go through the CPO process, but said they would do it.

We made the deal.

I received a call from dealer stating it failed CPO due to the tires and I would be getting 2 new rear tires. The front tires met the CPO spec.

Also they did the TSB's (steering wheel fix) and gave it a oil change. It was in between the service intervals during that time.

I would talk to the dealer to get them to fix these things, if you get nowhere call Audi of America. If you have a cooling off period (some states do) bring it back. Get your money back.

If you are saying is true then they never bothered to look at the car.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

If the oil indicator is not working properly, do not continue to add oil until you get your hands on a real dipstick. Overfilling could damage the engine.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry, to clarify, the oil indicator did go up, from about 30% to 85%ish, so I think the car was just 3 quarts low...ridiculous.

So far my estimates from calling around:

Wheel repair: $200
25k Service: $190
Warranty work: free but a lot of my time
Tire: havent gotten it looked at, but if it is unservicable that really means all FOUR tires right? Because of the quattro? Looks like the original Goodyear Eagle F1 tires with 16k miles on them, so replacing just one could be an issue, no?

The joke of a salesmen, and the used car manager are both dragging their feet...but have indicated they will make it right.

Another thing...the car was shipped without a manual! Obviously no one checked this car out before putting it on a truck..

I am going to ask for free sluch mats at the very least, fo all the time I am spending fixing their deficiencies.

Audi North America will be getting a call regardless...
Old 06-10-2014, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah that sucks. I also bought my CPO sight unseen out of state. I was only comfortable doing this because it was a CPO from a dealer.

Luckily mine was OK (only hiccup I had was getting the pink slip in my hands, but that is another story...).

Give the dealer a chance to fix it, but I think it is totally fair to make a call to AoA right now.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Completely unacceptable for a CPO. Though I question integrity of a dealer who releases a CPO in the condition you describe, I'd give them the opportunity to make good on all the issues. Regardles, a call to AoA is still warranted as this should not have happened.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am cautiously optimistic they will cover the wheel damage and 25k service.

Not so sure about the tire issue. Sidewall damage is a replace, not repair from what I have read. And with Quattro and these tires having 16k, I cant replace just one. 4 tires are about $1,000 installed. We will see what they say about that.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mp906
Sorry, to clarify, the oil indicator did go up, from about 30% to 85%ish, so I think the car was just 3 quarts low...ridiculous.
The oil gauge display only shows about a quart range. Assuming you read it when the engine was warm and it's working correctly, if the bars were down to 30%, that would mean it was down less than a quart.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would never buy any car sight unseen and have it put on a truck to me.

Its worth a plane ticket to fly in and drive it home if necessary. It's a huge risk as every used car is unique in how's it's taken care of.

You should have requested the 300 point checklist before you bought the car and got pictures of all the rims and tires. You can't CPO an Audi with damaged tires and they must all be at least 5/32nds

That way you know they were not damaged by the trucker.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CPO 2012 A6 Prestige nightmare dealer