Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

CPO A6

Old 07-05-2014, 10:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPO A6

Hello all,

We are considering purchasing a lower mileage 2012 CPO A6 3.0 Premium Plus or Prestige. I have never purchased an Audi before but had a CPO BMW where the warranty came in very handy. I am concerned the Audi CPO warranty does NOT cover the navigation/radio. One Audi dealer we visited mentioned something about "wrap" coverage which would include these items that are excluded in the CPO, thus mirroring the bumper to bumper warranty of the factory 4/50k. Has anyone had success negotiating this into their CPO deal? If not, how much additional should the wrap coverage be? (we are already paying a premium for the CPO, so I am hard pressed to pay much additional for these added benefits) Is this something we should be concerned about? The car has so much technology, especially in the MMI interface, I am truly worried if something major ends up breaking in the nav/radio. Thank you!

Matt
Old 07-06-2014, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

The only "wrap" coverage that I can guess being referred to would be a third party extended warranty (i.e. Fidelity Warranty company). Note that there is no "bumper to bumper" coverage with any warranty - there are always exclusions, at the least, on any wear items, headlights, etc.. How many miles on the car? There should still be a balance of the original new car 4y/50K mileage remaining. IMO, purchasing a $2500+ extended earranty on a CPO, in most of the coverage, would be a duplication of the CPO warranty. Save and invest the cost of an extended warranty against any future repairs and CPO deductibles.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you for the response. We are looking at a few vehicles, ranging from 15-30k miles, so 3.5-4 years of total coverage. Would you suggest getting a wheel/tire warranty if the car has the sports package or doesn't [we are looking at one with only the 18 inch sports package]? We live in NJ, so our roads are pretty poor. As an aside, I see you have a '13 in Prestige--do you feel the LED headlights are a worthwhile option? Thank you again!
Old 07-06-2014, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MattR82
Thank you for the response. We are looking at a few vehicles, ranging from 15-30k miles, so 3.5-4 years of total coverage. Would you suggest getting a wheel/tire warranty if the car has the sports package or doesn't [we are looking at one with only the 18 inch sports package]? We live in NJ, so our roads are pretty poor. As an aside, I see you have a '13 in Prestige--do you feel the LED headlights are a worthwhile option? Thank you again!
I'm not a fan of any extended warranty and prefer to self-insure. So far, after many cars over many years, I'm way ahead. With 18" wheels, you'll have more rubber than either the 19" or 20" offerings - the Sport suspension won't make much difference IMO. If the pothole is deep enough any wheel can be bent. I had one that needed straightening and it cost $100 and took 45 minutes. No big deal.

LED headlights? Absolutely the best light range and coverage I've ever owned. Definitely worthwhile.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

BTW there is a lot more to a Prestige than just the led headlights.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you for the replies, I have yet to drive a prestige with the LED headlamp option. The Prestige package seems quite nice, especially those ventilated seats during summer. The seats also feel a bit more comfortable (I know they are a bit different) than the regular A6 seats but perhaps I'm crazy? I am happy to hear people aren't having too many issues with bent rims, even given the sports package.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thank you for the replies, I have yet to drive a prestige with the LED headlamp option. The Prestige package seems quite nice, especially those ventilated seats during summer. The seats also feel a bit more comfortable (I know they are a bit different) than the regular A6 seats but perhaps I'm crazy? I am happy to hear people aren't having too many issues with bent rims, even given the sports package.
The Prestige seats, besides fancier stitching, some panel differences and ventilation, have a longer bolster for better thigh support. Back when I compared the two, I felt they were be a bit more compliant than the standard seats, possibly due to the ventilation perforations.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

It's interesting that the items being discussed here are worthy of further consideration:
1 The LED headlights are good and well worthy of paying the extra.
2 The ventilated seats are an Audi joke, they are noisy, vibrate and ineffective.
3 The seats may or may not be more comfortable. The side bolsters for thighs are too hard and too narrow. There have been numerous complaints regarding how uncomfortable they are - search forums.
4 The Sport suspension mainly serves to provide jolts over concrete seams and unless you anticipate pulling about .9g's consistently then you may wish to reconsider.
5 Together with the Sport suspension you get short height on the tires. 19's obviously better than the 20's but both are not a comfortable ride.

If you want a comfortable sedan then consider the above. If you want the additional sport feeling and attributes then go for the Sport with 20's, it's a great handling car but rides like a truck with the 20's. Besides, a good driver on 18's with all season tires will out perform a bad driver with Sport and 20's.

The bottom line is your choice, all we can do here is point out some experiences of ownership.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by DB22
It's interesting that the items being discussed here are worthy of further consideration:
1 The LED headlights are good and well worthy of paying the extra.
2 The ventilated seats are an Audi joke, they are noisy, vibrate and ineffective.
3 The seats may or may not be more comfortable. The side bolsters for thighs are too hard and too narrow. There have been numerous complaints regarding how uncomfortable they are - search forums.
4 The Sport suspension mainly serves to provide jolts over concrete seams and unless you anticipate pulling about .9g's consistently then you may wish to reconsider.
5 Together with the Sport suspension you get short height on the tires. 19's obviously better than the 20's but both are not a comfortable ride.

If you want a comfortable sedan then consider the above. If you want the additional sport feeling and attributes then go for the Sport with 20's, it's a great handling car but rides like a truck with the 20's. Besides, a good driver on 18's with all season tires will out perform a bad driver with Sport and 20's.

The bottom line is your choice, all we can do here is point out some experiences of ownership.
Ok, that's your opinion, so here's mine on those points:

1. The only one of these we agree on.
2. Not a joke. Mine don't "vibrate" nor can I hear the fans when driving (if the engine is off and the fans on high, I can barely hear it). As to effectiveness, if you're looking for a strong, cold blast of air up your nethers, it's not going to happen but if you want a subtle cool, drying of moisture from your body when the a/c is on, it works fine. It's all a matter of expectation.
3. Seats are a very personal thing. While some may not care for the A6 seats, the Prestige versions are comfortable for me. I've done long drives with no issues at all. The Prestige extended thigh bolster help with support.
4 & 5. Disagree completely here. The Sport suspension considerably improves handling with a small difference in ride quality (I test drove both before purchasing the Sport). I can't speak to the 20", but the 19" are not jarring at all. I would imagine the 18" Sport would be somewhat a softer ride with a bit of handling compromise. In any case, unless you're looking for the ride of a typical American sedan, the Sport package definitely enhances the car's performance. Best to drive both and compare.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Ok, that's your opinion, so here's mine on those points:

1. The only one of these we agree on.
2. Not a joke. Mine don't "vibrate" nor can I hear the fans when driving (if the engine is off and the fans on high, I can barely hear it). As to effectiveness, if you're looking for a strong, cold blast of air up your nethers, it's not going to happen but if you want a subtle cool, drying of moisture from your body when the a/c is on, it works fine. It's all a matter of expectation.
3. Seats are a very personal thing. While some may not care for the A6 seats, the Prestige versions are comfortable for me. I've done long drives with no issues at all. The Prestige extended thigh bolster help with support.
4 & 5. Disagree completely here. The Sport suspension considerably improves handling with a small difference in ride quality (I test drove both before purchasing the Sport). I can't speak to the 20", but the 19" are not jarring at all. I would imagine the 18" Sport would be somewhat a softer ride with a bit of handling compromise. In any case, unless you're looking for the ride of a typical American sedan, the Sport package definitely enhances the car's performance. Best to drive both and compare.
+1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CPO A6