Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

CPO purchasers

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPO purchasers

Hello everyone. I have not been on much during the past year or so... Many changes in my life.

I will sell my 2012 A6 in Korea and head over to the US within a few weeks.

I am wondering if any one can give me any input on good price ranges on 2012-2014 A6 2.0T and 3.0T (both quattro) CPOs. I didn't see KBB price the CPO, only used models...

Since the price differs greatly from my Korea, I don't know what is a good deal or a bad one. I love my Audi and I would like another one.

Also how are the warranty services? Hear in Korea, we pay a lot more than the U.S., so there is 4 years of free upkeep service and extra set of tires.

Additionally, is there anyone close to Pittsburgh, Pa that needs to get rid of their A6? For me, must have options are: rear view camera, heads up display and navigation. Other features are not a must...

Thank you!
Old 02-24-2015, 07:06 AM
wuk
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

usually there are plenty of CPO's. i got mine in March of 2014 (2013 A6 Prestige), it only had 6k miles on it, and got it for around $50k. At that time, there were tons in the area to choose from (I'm in the Chicago area). I would think you could get a 2014 CPO for around the same price today. The warranty service should be ok and CPO's have a longer warranty (and a better interest rate) than new cars. There is a deductible once you are outside of the original warranty thought (~$90 if I recall). You'll probably pay a few thousand more (maybe) for a CPO model, but for me having the peace of mind of the longer warranty made sense. good luck.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by wuk
usually there are plenty of CPO's. i got mine in March of 2014 (2013 A6 Prestige), it only had 6k miles on it, and got it for around $50k. At that time, there were tons in the area to choose from (I'm in the Chicago area). I would think you could get a 2014 CPO for around the same price today. The warranty service should be ok and CPO's have a longer warranty (and a better interest rate) than new cars. There is a deductible once you are outside of the original warranty thought (~$90 if I recall). You'll probably pay a few thousand more (maybe) for a CPO model, but for me having the peace of mind of the longer warranty made sense. good luck.
Thank you so much.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Inyoury
Also how are the warranty services? Hear in Korea, we pay a lot more than the U.S., so there is 4 years of free upkeep service and extra set of tires.
This website explains the warranties and Audi Care maintenance package:

Audi Service: Repair - Warranty - Care Plus | Audi USA

The Audi Care maintenance package costs $860, but if you buy a used Audi, check to see if the previous owner already bought it, because it stays with the car.
For me, must have options are: rear view camera, heads up display and navigation. Other features are not a must...

Thank you!
In the US, A6s are built in three equipment trim levels:
- Premium
- Premium Plus
- Prestige

and you can only add a few options or packages at each level. They also change slightly from year to year.

So the rear view camera and navigation are in the Premium Plus or Prestige trims and cannot be added by themselves.

The head up display I believe was in the "Innovation Package", at least in the 2012 model year, but it was only available on the Prestige trim, which in turn, was only available with the 3.0T Quattro 8-speed.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default CPO Challenge

I have really had a hard time finding a good CPO....and when I have found one, it has sold while on phone, been sold and salesperson didn't know it, or if any info needed the next a.m., the car "was sold last night." In my frustration, after the last vehicle I found the other day was "sorry, it was sold last night," I decided I am through looking. I'll just keep what I have until the market cools a little.

If you find something you like, and it is available, grab it.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:20 AM
wuk
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was lucky enough last year...dealership had 4 of the exact spec'd car I wanted, all with 6000 miles, 4 different colors. had my pick. helps being in a major metro area.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by wuk
i was lucky enough last year...dealership had 4 of the exact spec'd car I wanted, all with 6000 miles, 4 different colors. had my pick. helps being in a major metro area.
Whicy region/city are you located? I just got to Pittsburgh where I will settle down. I have about 10 days before the rest of my family will join me. I pulled the trigger on a 2015 Benz GLK350 for my wife. After test driving the Acura RLX, TLX and Benz E350, I still miss my Audi. I'm not sure about buying a new car for myself. Would like to find a 2013-2014 CPO if possible, but might consider to lease a new one. There aren't many CPOs in my area.
Thanks
Old 03-22-2015, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Whicy region/city are you located? I just got to Pittsburgh where I will settle down. I have about 10 days before the rest of my family will join me. I pulled the trigger on a 2015 Benz GLK350 for my wife. After test driving the Acura RLX, TLX and Benz E350, I still miss my Audi. I'm not sure about buying a new car for myself. Would like to find a 2013-2014 CPO if possible, but might consider to lease a new one. There aren't many CPOs in my area.
Thanks
I'm in Pittsburgh too. I recently ordered a new A6, but I was looking CPO at first and agree there aren't a lot around here. If you expand your search to the Cleveland area (2 hour drive) and especially the Washington, D.C. area (4-ish hours away), you will find a lot more options. You can limit a search on Autotrader.com to certified used cars within a certain distance. Maybe others here will suggest a better search method.

FYI, to follow up on the info from newmoon, until the 2015 model, the head up display was available only with a $2500 package that included only that display and the night vision camera. And you had to get the Prestige line to even be able to order that package. Because of that, most car buyers wouldn't order that package, and I suspect finding a 2014 or earlier with head up display might require a lot of patience and searching unless you get lucky. The 2015 includes that display as part of the Prestige package. If you can do without the head up display, you'll have an easier time. It is a great feature, though. Maybe you could get a good lease deal on a 2015 Prestige on a dealer's lot? There are 3 dealers in Pittsburgh, you could email each one for a price quote.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

I pickup mine at Audi Chantilly in VA and used South Hill Audi for service.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Inyoury - i'm considering selling/swapping my 2012 A6 to a preowned A7 if I can find the specs i need in an A7 quickly enough..
It's a loaded 2012 A6 Prestige CPO with Innovation Pkg. (nightvision, heads-up display, LED lights, adaptive cruise, etc). Phantom black with nougat interior.