Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Credit rating Tier

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Credit rating Tier

Does anyone know what is the credit score range for Tier A credit worthiness and the Tier B.
I appreciate for your feedback.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bravo659
Does anyone know what is the credit score range for Tier A credit worthiness and the Tier B.
I appreciate for your feedback.

Each lending/lease company has their own criteria so there is no hard and fast rule. Plus, they don't disclose how they ascertain creditworthiness. You can get an idea of where you stand by reviewing your credit score and how it falls into ranges. Creditkarma.com is a free credit score website - no credit card needed..
Old 05-25-2015, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Just pay cash and don't worry about it.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Just pay cash and don't worry about it.
Probably not great advice since the OP asked about credit. Obviously, not everyone is able or wants to pay cash for a $60K car but can easily afford the payments.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Good point, snagit.
I could pay cash for my cars but I generally lease or if buying take out a loan. There is an opportunity cost associated with paying cash on a $60K+ item that depreciates; hopefully one can make more than the 2-3% auto loans are these days.
I see a car like anything else I “use”, like electric service, taxes, etc. A set monthly amount and just pay it as you use it. The damned things depreciate no matter how nice they are or how well you maintain them: they are not in the same “investment” category as a home or a piece of real property in the mountains.
I also lease so I am forcing myself to get rid of the current one and get a new car every few years before the old one becomes dated or a maintenance headache. I have not had a leased car over the years that I really missed once I turned it in. Variety is great. I loved watching David Letterman, but now that he is gone I will not miss him or lament not seeing new shows from him. Keep moving in life! There’s plenty new out there that’s good and fun.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've heard 680 for A grade with a "car credit report" which I understand to be a bit looser than a "mortgage credit report" for what its worth. You can also finance through credit unions which also can be more aggressive too.

And some big brother advise: Please don't stretch your budget to buy a car, its really tough to get ahead financially doing that.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

bravo, you've started several threads asking about credit, leasing, etc., some of which indicate you apparently need some help and guidance. Perhaps instead of asking questions in various threads in the discussion forums, you would be better served to get a friend or family member with car buying/leasing knowledge with the experience necessary to assist you in person with your car purchase/lease. Here you will get all kinds of advice, some accurate, some not so much, but no one can provide the overall assistance that you apparently need. That's the best advice I would give you.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by irenesbob
Good point, snagit.
I could pay cash for my cars but I generally lease or if buying take out a loan. There is an opportunity cost associated with paying cash on a $60K+ item that depreciates; hopefully one can make more than the 2-3% auto loans are these days.
I see a car like anything else I “use”, like electric service, taxes, etc. A set monthly amount and just pay it as you use it. The damned things depreciate no matter how nice they are or how well you maintain them: they are not in the same “investment” category as a home or a piece of real property in the mountains.
I also lease so I am forcing myself to get rid of the current one and get a new car every few years before the old one becomes dated or a maintenance headache. I have not had a leased car over the years that I really missed once I turned it in. Variety is great. I loved watching David Letterman, but now that he is gone I will not miss him or lament not seeing new shows from him. Keep moving in life! There’s plenty new out there that’s good and fun.
Well thats what i been saying. I am not gonna pay for something that will depreciate. Monthly payments will be fine but not at higher bracket.
Also like you mentioned after a few years the car will start asking for parts and that becomes a headache. I rather lease for 2-3 yrs and turn it in for another Audi move on from one Audi to the next Audi.
I no longer have a garage or a parking lot where i can do the repairs.
Otherwise, would be at best to apply for a loan with low rates and and pay a l;ow monthly payment or pay for half the value of the vehicle to save on taxes. Either way will suffice.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
bravo, you've started several threads asking about credit, leasing, etc., some of which indicate you apparently need some help and guidance. Perhaps instead of asking questions in various threads in the discussion forums, you would be better served to get a friend or family member with car buying/leasing knowledge with the experience necessary to assist you in person with your car purchase/lease. Here you will get all kinds of advice, some accurate, some not so much, but no one can provide the overall assistance that you apparently need. That's the best advice I would give you.
You cant tell me the difference if you had gone through the AFS?
I mean is just a very simple question. Audi Financial asks for Tier A.
Tier A range from what? Thats the only question i have.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by bravo659
You cant tell me the difference if you had gone through the AFS?
I mean is just a very simple question. Audi Financial asks for Tier A.
Tier A range from what? Thats the only question i have.
How about this: call AFS and ask them. I'll even save you the trouble of finding the number:
(888) 237-2834

Quick Reply: Credit rating Tier