Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Cupholders

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 04:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cupholders

So I've had my new A6 for a few days now, and absolutely love it, but one thing is driving me crazy. I can't get 2 normal sized coffee cups in the cupholders. Has anyone else found the cupholders to be annoying? Anyone got a fix for this? I'm in my car for 1-2 hours each way for work, and this is a real pain in the butt!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cut68
So I've had my new A6 for a few days now, and absolutely love it, but one thing is driving me crazy. I can't get 2 normal sized coffee cups in the cupholders. Has anyone else found the cupholders to be annoying? Anyone got a fix for this? I'm in my car for 1-2 hours each way for work, and this is a real pain in the butt!
Europeans, especially Germans, are less apt to do things such as drinking a coffee while driving - and when they do, they don't generally have "American-sized" servings.

They are what they are.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cupholders do suck, I did buy a Starbucks commuter mug that does slide in the passenger-side (which, apparently is slightly larger than the driver's side). That's the only "fix" I have found.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nyuni
Europeans, especially Germans, are less apt to do things such as drinking a coffee while driving - and when they do, they don't generally have "American-sized" servings.

They are what they are.
Kinda being consumer ignorant I guess. Not a deal breaker, but what a mess when the can/mug pops out of the holder. No more beverage cans in my car.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hockeyfox
Kinda being consumer ignorant I guess. Not a deal breaker, but what a mess when the can/mug pops out of the holder. No more beverage cans in my car.
My cupholder broke...one of the insert is not there.
They placed an order and will be done uder warranty...
Now dont let me start off the seats...
Old 08-14-2012, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are numerous third-party options available, I had a couple in my Vette, which had worse cupholders than Audi.

I'm also not sure what the OP's opinion of normal sized is. I can get two 16 oz coffee cups in my A6 that fit fine, and don't more. You have to buy cups that fit the holder style.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Starbucks has a couple of cups that will fit in both holders. Was not a deal breaker for me. I just just upgraded the cups... Let me know if you need pictures of the right ones.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Cans, 20 oz bottles, and large fast food drinks all fit without problems and don't wiggle at all. What drives me nuts is the sunglasses holder
Old 08-14-2012, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

I use travel mugs with a sealing/closing lid... Even if it did escape the cupholder, the spill will be minor at the very worst. I feel a lot more comfortable with them as I had a number of spills in my old A4. Believe it or not the cupholders in the 97 A4 were orders of magnitude worse than my A6.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Porsche is the same way. The engineers grudgingly put in completely inadequate cupholders because they don't think a cupholder has any place in a car. It's Germans lecturing Americans through design.

Quick Reply: Cupholders