Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Disconnecting Mics on B&O system - Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Disconnecting Mics on B&O system - Need Help!

I've installed an aftermarket amp and sub to my B&O system by using a LC2i LOC and the sub creates an annoying hum because of the noise canceling system (ANC). I've tried different LOCs, I've tried tapping different input signals and nothing eliminates the humming.

So my next step is to deactivate the ANC. I don't know how to do it via VAG, so I'm going to try to disconnect the 4 mics of the ANC to deactivate it. Does anyone know what wires the mics are going into the B&O amp?

Can anyone confirm that the NAC deactivates by disconnecting the mics?

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Disabled ANC mics on B&O - Sub and Amp Install - DIY

I had installed an amp and single 12" sub box in the trunk of my B&O S6 months ago by tapping the sub wires and using an LC2i line output converter (LOC) and was not able to use it because the noise canceling system (ANC) was creating a horrible bass buzz.

After trying different LOCs and tapping different sources I decided I had hit a dead end and the only logical next step was to disable ANC. There are two ways to do this - either by VAGCOM or disconnecting the four microphones in the cabin. I have no idea how to disable via VAG COM, so I tried to disconnect the mics.

They are very visible in the headliner of the cabin, so one thought was to get my hand in there and cut the wires, but I was reluctant to do such a thing considering the difficulty it would be to reconnect them. The other option was to disconnect them at the B&O module. SubterFUSE came to the rescue for me last night with the B&O wiring diagram which shows the 4 pairs of wires that are the four microphones going into the wring harness on the B&O system. Once I located the harness it was just a matter of counting pins and pulling the correct ones from the harness. The harness is actually very easy to take apart and with a sharp pointed object the pins slide right out and are easily slid back into place.

I pulled out the mic pins, re-inserted the harness, then listened for the annoying buzz. It's gone! No more buzz, and the system now sounds great. Took all of 15 minutes because I had never removed pins from a harness. If I get tired of the sub and amp or it's time to sell the car, the DIY is easily reversible back to stock and ANC is once again active.

Speaking of ANC, I was concerned that I would notice it not being active. I honestly can't tell the difference with it on and off. I tested various conditions this morning on the way to work while city and highway driving and I can't tell any different from before except one condition. On the highway in D mode I can now hear that the car sounds a little different when it goes into 4 cylinder mode. It's not annoying and the car could have easily come like that from factory and I don't think anyone would be complaining.

So there you have it. ANC is defeatable on B&O when adding an aftermarket sub and amp. The new sub just makes the B&O come to life - it really does. The B&O sub would distort when playing music loudly.
Attached Images     
The following users liked this post:
BlackedoutVR4 (01-03-2022)
Old 04-21-2021, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Audi A3 Sportback B&O

Hi
Got an A3 Sport back 8V with B&O sound system and now I'm going to remove the noise canceling microphone cause I'm adding Helix AAC.3 high level converter to an monoblock and a sub, is the anc mic the black or the grey one?

Old 01-03-2022, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Pinup diagram

Originally Posted by S6Express
I had installed an amp and single 12" sub box in the trunk of my B&O S6 months ago by tapping the sub wires and using an LC2i line output converter (LOC) and was not able to use it because the noise canceling system (ANC) was creating a horrible bass buzz.

After trying different LOCs and tapping different sources I decided I had hit a dead end and the only logical next step was to disable ANC. There are two ways to do this - either by VAGCOM or disconnecting the four microphones in the cabin. I have no idea how to disable via VAG COM, so I tried to disconnect the mics.

They are very visible in the headliner of the cabin, so one thought was to get my hand in there and cut the wires, but I was reluctant to do such a thing considering the difficulty it would be to reconnect them. The other option was to disconnect them at the B&O module. SubterFUSE came to the rescue for me last night with the B&O wiring diagram which shows the 4 pairs of wires that are the four microphones going into the wring harness on the B&O system. Once I located the harness it was just a matter of counting pins and pulling the correct ones from the harness. The harness is actually very easy to take apart and with a sharp pointed object the pins slide right out and are easily slid back into place.

I pulled out the mic pins, re-inserted the harness, then listened for the annoying buzz. It's gone! No more buzz, and the system now sounds great. Took all of 15 minutes because I had never removed pins from a harness. If I get tired of the sub and amp or it's time to sell the car, the DIY is easily reversible back to stock and ANC is once again active.

Speaking of ANC, I was concerned that I would notice it not being active. I honestly can't tell the difference with it on and off. I tested various conditions this morning on the way to work while city and highway driving and I can't tell any different from before except one condition. On the highway in D mode I can now hear that the car sounds a little different when it goes into 4 cylinder mode. It's not annoying and the car could have easily come like that from factory and I don't think anyone would be complaining.

So there you have it. ANC is defeatable on B&O when adding an aftermarket sub and amp. The new sub just makes the B&O come to life - it really does. The B&O sub would distort when playing music loudly.

So I'm actually going to pull these pins but there are multiple wires of the same color in the harness. Is there a pinup diagram or plug diagram so I know which 4 wires are for the ANC speakers? Thanks in advance
Old 01-12-2022, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

ANC can be disabled via VCDS. The 4 microphones can be disabled individually via VCDS as well
Old 01-28-2022, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DK2392
ANC can be disabled via VCDS. The 4 microphones can be disabled individually via VCDS as well
are you 100% sure on this? I've never seen a rundown on how to disable the mics via VCDS. I installed an aftermarket sub and amp and I'm taking it back out and selling it. I've been trying to disable the active noise canceling for over a month now with ZERO success.
Old 01-29-2022, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BlackedoutVR4
are you 100% sure on this? I've never seen a rundown on how to disable the mics via VCDS. I installed an aftermarket sub and amp and I'm taking it back out and selling it. I've been trying to disable the active noise canceling for over a month now with ZERO success.
I found it myself, its most definitely there. I have a JL Audio sub and amp in my S6.