Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Drive Select Default

Old 04-07-2014, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Drive Select Default

I believe I read on the forums before that no matter what mode is selected (Auto, Comfort, Dynamic, Individual) it will revert back to a default setting, that is basically Comfort, every time you turn the car off and restart it. I know I can just pull back the stick to put it in S mode but I prefer Auto most of the time.

Is there any way to have the car always remain in the selected setting? It's pretty annoying to have go into the car menu every time I start it and select the mode again.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I believe with VCDS, the start up default can be changed (try a Forum search for details). Note that only the throttle and gear maps are affected; i.e. steering, ACC and seat belt settings are remembered.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I'm making this up, but I swear my 2014 A6 remembers the last mode it was in when I power up. I have been keeping mine in Individual mode so that I can have auto everything but comfort adaptive cruise.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jdong
Maybe I'm making this up, but I swear my 2014 A6 remembers the last mode it was in when I power up. I have been keeping mine in Individual mode so that I can have auto everything but comfort adaptive cruise.
Have you tried placing it in Dynamic and seeing if it stays in that setting after you restart?

Mine is a 2013 so hopefully they did change that.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 14 remembers previous settings.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2013 remembers what I was in last minus the 'S mode'. However, there was a S6 owner who found a way to create Dynamic 'S mode' as default.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That's because when you start the car it defaults to Auto which is what you set in Individual (throttle and transmission only; ACC remembers what you set set).
Old 04-07-2014, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine stays in Individual. Like any memory function, such as seat and mirror positions, it probably needs to be linked to your key fob. Simply set things the way you like them, exit the car and then lock with the fob (not the door handle button). The next time you start with that fob in your pocket, things will be as you left them (except, as noted, 'S' mode, which always resets to off).
Old 04-07-2014, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Mine stays in Individual. Like any memory function, such as seat and mirror positions, it probably needs to be linked to your key fob. Simply set things the way you like them, exit the car and then lock with the fob (not the door handle button). The next time you start with that fob in your pocket, things will be as you left them (except, as noted, 'S' mode, which always resets to off).
So the throttle/engine will remain in Auto as well? Is it only Dynamic and S that reverts back?
Old 04-07-2014, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Glacier6
So the throttle/engine will remain in Auto as well? Is it only Dynamic and S that reverts back?
Dynamic in the MMI and S mode on the shift lever are one and the same for throttle and transmission gear maps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drive Select Default