Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Easy Seat Entry?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hawke94
I have a 2016 A6 in MA. If you move the steering wheel control ****, the steering wheel will not come down and you have to press and hold the memory button to make it go down. I nudged the control **** accidentally a few times getting into the car before figuring it out. Audi probably assumes if you manually adjust it, then you don't want the preset position. I do wish the steering wheel would move faster. Compared to my wife's C300, it's like a turtle.
The fob probably remembers the last setting so the only override is selecting a memory or manual movement. I have never had the manual adjuster not work but because of its snails pace it sure seems like it doesn't move.

Do you have the menu item selected?
Old 02-03-2016, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I turned off the remote control key and elect easy seat entry on. Seems that I am now consistently getting the steering wheel to move about. But the seat isn't moving at all. I watched the video in the car manual and clearly the seat is supposed to move.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HackDevil
So I turned off the remote control key and elect easy seat entry on. Seems that I am now consistently getting the steering wheel to move about. But the seat isn't moving at all. I watched the video in the car manual and clearly the seat is supposed to move.
I can only speak for the 2016 A6, but in the printed owner's manual on page 67:

"Easy seat entry makes it easier to enter and exit the vehicle by adjusting the steering column automatically."

There's other wording in there, but it only talks about the steering column. Doesn't mention the seat moving.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'll check the video later but that seems to be the only evidence that the feature actually exists. Nobody, so far, has stated that their seat moves for Easy Exit.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DB22
I'll check the video later but that seems to be the only evidence that the feature actually exists. Nobody, so far, has stated that their seat moves for Easy Exit.
That's a very good point.

I did find this video that demonstrates it. It's not the same video that's in our car video manual, but the same principle.

https://vimeo.com/122725400
Old 02-03-2016, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That's a very good point.

I did find this video that demonstrates it. It's not the same video that's in our car video manual, but the same principle.

https://vimeo.com/122725400
Curiously, it states that the car initiates Mem#1 on startup and Mem#2 on shut-down.

That video is not what the book implies and not what my car does, in fact, my car does nothing!
Old 02-03-2016, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I just drove home and watched the videos in the car and it stated that the Easy Entry feature only moves the steering wheel. This is contrary to the manual which is completely ambiguous because the manual is for any and all A6's and not mine.
I was surprised that the video in the car is the only correct source of information.

I am the OP so I have answered my own question - thanks for all the help as I was starting to think that my car had a problem.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I bet there's a way to do it via VCDS. I'm not sure I would with people riding with me though. My Grand Cherokee would do it, and I was often worried I'd squish the rear passenger. Only my wheel moves with Individual Contour S6 seats.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Skip to the middle of the video, the seat movement is described shortly after mid-video. 2:00 minute mark.

https://s7d9.scene7.com/e2/Audiusast...0p_Desktop.mp4

So basically.... Set your keyfob memory to easy in/out position. Every time you open your door the seat will move back based on setting saved in your keyfob.

Then to restore to normal driving position simply manually override by pressing the other position manually.
It's kind of reverse-engineering the intent... you typically want the key to set to custom driving condition......... but instead set it to easy entry.

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 02-03-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 98 Likes on 44 Posts

It's possible some markets receive(d) the seat feature other than North America. AFAIK, only the A8/S8 offer it in NA. Prob a marketing decision along with other stuff not available in NA as available in the ROW.

Quick Reply: Easy Seat Entry?