Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Easy Valentine hardwire install

Old 10-09-2015, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisBWJ
Does anybody have a suggestion on how to remove this ceiling panel? 2016 A6 Premium Plus.

No need to remove that to install your radar unless you're looking to do something different.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 537playing
No need to remove that to install your radar unless you're looking to do something different.
This is where I want to do the wiring tap for the radar detector. Just a little nervous about running the wiring up the A pillar with the airbag in there, and actually love how tight the fit is compared to other vehicles where I did the wiring in that location. Don't want to mess that up.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is where I want to do the wiring tap for the radar detector. Just a little nervous about running the wiring up the A pillar with the airbag in there, and actually love how tight the fit is compared to other vehicles where I did the wiring in that location. Don't want to mess that up.
I didn't access that panel for my wiring. Just the cone shape covered plastic on the mirror support. Two wires and done. Not challenging at all!!
Old 10-12-2015, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Do you have the driver assistance package?

I was looking at removing that panel too, but didn't see how it would come off easily. I've got the package with the camera in there and it seems to be on pretty solid.

I didn't access that panel for my wiring. Just the cone shape covered plastic on the mirror support. Two wires and done. Not challenging at all!!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you remove the plastic mirror support? I'm afraid of breaking something.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Attached are the instructions I got on how to remove the mirror covers. I haven't done it yet, probably this upcoming weekend.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AudiA6MirrorCoverRemoval.pdf (872.9 KB, 363 views)
Old 02-08-2016, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Does anybody have a suggestion on how to remove this ceiling panel? 2016 A6 Premium Plus.
On the begining of it (the part that is the closest to you)
You pull down its being held in by clips and slowly work your way around and thats how you remove the top layer (with all the pictographs) after that is out of the way you have 2 screws holding it to the roof (they should be really easy to see.

If you need more help ill be wiring in my RD this weekend and can take photos!
Old 12-29-2016, 08:15 AM
Tech Guru

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Davor_
On the begining of it (the part that is the closest to you)
You pull down its being held in by clips and slowly work your way around and thats how you remove the top layer (with all the pictographs) after that is out of the way you have 2 screws holding it to the roof (they should be really easy to see.

If you need more help ill be wiring in my RD this weekend and can take photos!
Just did this today. To add a bit, the picture in the OP shows the base that contains all the lights and controls. The cover is a trim piece that is separate. As stated, the trim piece just clips onto the base. For the trim piece (the whole cover), start anywhere and gently unclip. I started at the windshield. Once the cover is removed, the base with all the lights and controls will be still in place. As stated, this is held in by one or two screws (depends on year). Once the screw is out, gently pull it downward starting at the windshield. Do not start at the rear or you will damage the headliner!

Once this piece is down, you have full access and lots of room to stash wiring and other stuff.