Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 10:20 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 259767

Default Enabling unrestricted "Lane assist"

Does any one know whether it's possible to make Lane Assist function persistent via a VAG com mod? If so, how exactly?

Let me explain in detail.

I had an Acura TSX earlier and even though it looked somewhat like drunk driving, the car meneuvered between the lines for an unlimited amount of time. Manual steering was completely unnecessary. This worked fairly well on roads with good markings.
Tsport18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #2
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 22753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsport18 View Post
Does any one know whether it's possible to make Lane Assist function persistent via a VAG com mod? If so, how exactly?.
There was one member who was attempting to add the feature by buying and installing the required hardware but according to his last posts several weeks ago, he has not been able to get the coding to successfully work.

- 2013 A6 3.0T Prestige, Quartz Gray/Black, 19" Sport, Driver Assist, LED headlights,Cold Weather and B&O;
Bridgestone RE970AS tires; XPel Ultimate full front, mirrors and rocker panels, Opti-coat Pro
- 2002 allroad 2.7t - 13y/49K mi and still like new
- 2009 A4 3.2 Prestige w/Nav (sold at 4y/48K mi)
- 2001 A6 2.7t (sold at 8y/98K mi)
snagitseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
There was one member who was attempting to add the feature by buying and installing the required hardware but according to his last posts several weeks ago, he has not been able to get the coding to successfully work.
Do you happen do remember where that post is? I'm curious about which hardware is necessary? If it is the whole Lane assist HW then that is already present in my car. I only need to adjust its
"sensitivity"..

@in2dwww
Slightly touching the steering wheel is exactly what I would like to avoid
Old 03-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #4
AudiWorld Super User

Quote:
Do you happen do remember where that post is? I'm curious about which hardware is necessary? If it is the whole Lane assist HW then that is already present in my car. I only need to adjust it
An Audiworld global search using "lane assist" reveals this:

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthre...2826064&page=2

- 2013 A6 3.0T Prestige, Quartz Gray/Black, 19" Sport, Driver Assist, LED headlights,Cold Weather and B&O;
Bridgestone RE970AS tires; XPel Ultimate full front, mirrors and rocker panels, Opti-coat Pro
Old 03-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #5
Banned
Account #: 267421

Give me a break. If you can't be bothered to steer the car then you shouldn't be driving. Take a taxi or the bus.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #6
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 259810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
Give me a break. If you can't be bothered to steer the car then you shouldn't be driving. Take a taxi or the bus.
Unfortunately I have to agree. The point is that the car wants to know you are there and paying attention. Otherwise you may not be able to react quick enough to avoid an accident if necessary.
gatorguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorguy7 View Post
Unfortunately I have to agree. The point is that the car wants to know you are there and paying attention. Otherwise you may not be able to react quick enough to avoid an accident if necessary.
I never said that I want to permanently drive that way. In my opinion that is simply an impressive function that other car manufacturers obviously achieve and allow.

And don't tell me you never were in a situation where you needed to use both hands for more than 2 seconds while driving..
Old 03-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #8
Banned
Account #: 267421

Quote:

And don't tell me you never were in a situation where you needed to use both hands for more than 2 seconds while driving..
NEVER. If something is going to take both hands and require your attention then pull off the road. Not paying attention to the road and your driving is pure stupidity.

Why does it not surprise me that you came from a glorified Honda?
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:42 PM   #9
AudiWorld Super User

Just a reminder to please avoid the negative personal posts. Everyone is entitled to express their point of view but there's no need to to make it with derisive comments. Especially for someone visiting the forums for the first time looking for advice. Reasonable opinion without scorn is far more helpful and effective.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #10
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 259810

For the record I never take both my hands off the wheel. I'm not sure of a time when I have ever wanted to take both hands off the wheel. But I am trained to keep both hands on the wheel as much as possible.

I would also like to add that I test the lane assist shortly after getting my S6 and it is anything but ideal. Testing it on interstates it definitely failed going through certain turns even in dynamic mode. The higher the speed the harder it is to keep it in the lane through turns. The technology just isn't there to fully rely on it.
gatorguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
add, assist, coding, inx3, lane