Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Enabling unrestricted "Lane assist"

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enabling unrestricted "Lane assist"

Does any one know whether it's possible to make Lane Assist function persistent via a VAG com mod? If so, how exactly?

Let me explain in detail.

I had an Acura TSX earlier and even though it looked somewhat like drunk driving, the car meneuvered between the lines for an unlimited amount of time. Manual steering was completely unnecessary. This worked fairly well on roads with good markings.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsport18
Does any one know whether it's possible to make Lane Assist function persistent via a VAG com mod? If so, how exactly?.
There was one member who was attempting to add the feature by buying and installing the required hardware but according to his last posts several weeks ago, he has not been able to get the coding to successfully work.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
There was one member who was attempting to add the feature by buying and installing the required hardware but according to his last posts several weeks ago, he has not been able to get the coding to successfully work.
Do you happen do remember where that post is? I'm curious about which hardware is necessary? If it is the whole Lane assist HW then that is already present in my car. I only need to adjust its
"sensitivity"..

@in2dwww
Slightly touching the steering wheel is exactly what I would like to avoid
Old 03-03-2014, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Do you happen do remember where that post is? I'm curious about which hardware is necessary? If it is the whole Lane assist HW then that is already present in my car. I only need to adjust it
An Audiworld global search using "lane assist" reveals this:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2826064&page=2
Old 03-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Banned

Give me a break. If you can't be bothered to steer the car then you shouldn't be driving. Take a taxi or the bus.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
Give me a break. If you can't be bothered to steer the car then you shouldn't be driving. Take a taxi or the bus.
Unfortunately I have to agree. The point is that the car wants to know you are there and paying attention. Otherwise you may not be able to react quick enough to avoid an accident if necessary.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
Unfortunately I have to agree. The point is that the car wants to know you are there and paying attention. Otherwise you may not be able to react quick enough to avoid an accident if necessary.
I never said that I want to permanently drive that way. In my opinion that is simply an impressive function that other car manufacturers obviously achieve and allow.

And don't tell me you never were in a situation where you needed to use both hands for more than 2 seconds while driving..
Old 03-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Banned

And don't tell me you never were in a situation where you needed to use both hands for more than 2 seconds while driving..
NEVER. If something is going to take both hands and require your attention then pull off the road. Not paying attention to the road and your driving is pure stupidity.

Why does it not surprise me that you came from a glorified Honda?
Old 03-03-2014, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Just a reminder to please avoid the negative personal posts. Everyone is entitled to express their point of view but there's no need to to make it with derisive comments. Especially for someone visiting the forums for the first time looking for advice. Reasonable opinion without scorn is far more helpful and effective.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

For the record I never take both my hands off the wheel. I'm not sure of a time when I have ever wanted to take both hands off the wheel. But I am trained to keep both hands on the wheel as much as possible.

I would also like to add that I test the lane assist shortly after getting my S6 and it is anything but ideal. Testing it on interstates it definitely failed going through certain turns even in dynamic mode. The higher the speed the harder it is to keep it in the lane through turns. The technology just isn't there to fully rely on it.

Quick Reply: Enabling unrestricted "Lane assist"