Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Extended warranty for new 2016 A6

Old 07-02-2015, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
$6472 is way too much for a 6 yr/100k Platinum policy. Call Fidelity Warranty directly below. My guess is at least $2000 less expensive. Remember, if purchased through the dealer, there is a mark up for their profit, sometime significant.

Try calling:
Tim Schultz, Fidelity Warranty
800-801-1956
Thanks snagitseven for your response. So basically when purchasing Audi's Pure Protection from any local dealer, one is basically purchasing the extended warranty from Fidelity Warranty?

Update: You are right, here is a picture of the brochure that I got from the dealer and thanks snagitseven.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

$6472 is way too much for a 6 yr/100k Platinum policy. Call Fidelity Warranty directly below. My guess is at least $2000 less expensive. Remember, if purchased through the dealer, there is a mark up for their profit, sometime significant.

Try calling:
Tim Schultz, Fidelity Warranty
800-801-1956

Called and this is not a Fidelity Warranty phone number and there is no Tim there. But they are a third party extended warranty company. Also, couldn't provide me with a price quote because California is in his list of states that has very strict emission rules and therefore cannot provide extended warranties.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have been doing some digging and found lots of complaints and really bad reviews for Fidelity Warranty at consumersaffairs.com, bbb.org, yelp, etc.

Is there any good place to get reliable extended warranty?
Old 07-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have purchased a SQ5 and expect delivery next month. I have been looking at extended warranties since I usually drive low miles and keep a car a long time.
Thanks for the warning about Fidelity Warranty. I will definitely stay away from them.
I have searched several warranty reviews online and "Wanted Auto Protect" has shown to have good reviews.
Does anyone have experience with this company?
Here is what they have quoted me so far:

2016 Audi SQ5 with 0 miles.
Ultimate Package:
3 years or an additional 45,000 miles for $1,550.00 with a $100 deductible
5 years or an additional 100,000 miles for $2,300.00 with a $100 deductible.

--- Our coverage will begin once the factory warranty expires.

Here is a PDF for their warranty:
http://www.wantedautoprotect.com/ServiceAgreement.pdf
Old 07-10-2015, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by sfvisalaw
Called and this is not a Fidelity Warranty phone number and there is no Tim there. But they are a third party extended warranty company. Also, couldn't provide me with a price quote because California is in his list of states that has very strict emission rules and therefore cannot provide extended warranties.
ALL "Audi extended warranties" are third party no matter what they call it, Audi does NOT offer extended warranties of their own except on their CPO cars. Wasn't aware Fidelity did not offer their warranties in Canada.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

ALL "Audi extended warranties" are third party no matter what they call it, Audi does NOT offer extended warranties of their own except on their CPO cars. Wasn't aware Fidelity did not offer their warranties in Canada. Make youwinder why emmission kiaw woykd orevent them from doing so.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

ALL "Audi extended warranties" are third party no matter what they call it, Audi does NOT offer extended warranties of their own except on their CPO cars. Wasn't aware Fidelity did not offer their warranties in Canada. Make youwinder why emmission kiaw woykd orevent them from doing so.
That's from the number you provided on the forum for Tim Schultz at fidelity warranty. I called the number and it wasnt fidelity but they are called auto warranty services. I asked for Tim Schultz and there was noone by that name. But the person, by the name of Roger was nice and told me they were a third party auto extended warranty company. He was going to provide me a quote for my Audi Q5 and when I mentioned that I was in California, he mentioned he had a list of states that he is unable to sell or provide his warranties because of the emission rules in my state.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That's from the number you provided on the forum for Tim Schultz at fidelity warranty. I called the number and it wasnt fidelity but they are called auto warranty services. I asked for Tim Schultz and there was noone by that name. But the person, by the name of Roger was nice and told me they were a third party auto extended warranty company. He was going to provide me a quote for my Audi Q5 and when I mentioned that I was in California, he mentioned he had a list of states that he is unable to sell or provide his warranties because of the emission rules in my state.
Tim may not be there any longer or he was a sales contractor for them and the number is from another company. The number on the brochure is the one to call.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

i've used Fidelity before and they've been fine

Originally Posted by jengram
I have purchased a SQ5 and expect delivery next month. I have been looking at extended warranties since I usually drive low miles and keep a car a long time.
Thanks for the warning about Fidelity Warranty. I will definitely stay away from them.
I have searched several warranty reviews online and "Wanted Auto Protect" has shown to have good reviews.
Does anyone have experience with this company?
Here is what they have quoted me so far:

2016 Audi SQ5 with 0 miles.
Ultimate Package:
3 years or an additional 45,000 miles for $1,550.00 with a $100 deductible
5 years or an additional 100,000 miles for $2,300.00 with a $100 deductible.

--- Our coverage will begin once the factory warranty expires.

Here is a PDF for their warranty:
http://www.wantedautoprotect.com/ServiceAgreement.pdf