Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Factory service manual

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mdkv5
Hate to say it but you are getting ripped off. These guides are available through erwin direct from audi for about $10-15 bucks (https://erwin.audiusa.com). Just get a one day subscription and download all you need.

These were discussed previously in a thread.
Having to deal with that horrendous interface for a day? Sorry, but I didn't get "ripped off". My time is much more valuable than to deal with a crappy interface all day to download bits and pieces of what I want. I got the entire service manual in PDF format, searchable, and I don't have to enter 5 different parameters every time I want to search for something.

Of course, perhaps your time isn't as valuable to you, but to me, it's the one thing I will never get back. Money? I can always get more money.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nakedhoof
Of course, perhaps your time isn't as valuable to you, but to me, it's the one thing I will never get back. Money? I can always get more money.
Quote of the year.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

From the image, it looks the same as the Audi manuals I downloaded from the erwin site. They weren't all in one doc - I had to download several separately, but I was able to get them by purchasing a one-day access for $35,I think... Key in your VIN and it lists all the documents that are applicable to your vehicle.

Looks like they're doubling the price to put them in a single file...

EDIT: looks like I was late to the party to point this out.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by a44mark
From the image, it looks the same as the Audi manuals I downloaded from the erwin site. They weren't all in one doc - I had to download several separately, but I was able to get them by purchasing a one-day access for $35,I think... Key in your VIN and it lists all the documents that are applicable to your vehicle.

Looks like they're doubling the price to put them in a single file...
No one works for free, and having all of this in a single file is very advantageous for me. I don't feel ripped off in any way.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the ersawin manuals. I was able to download multiple manuals for the 30-ish one day access fee. So if you have multiple audi's the ersawin is probably the better financial option.

However the manuals found by the Naked one do have the nice advantage of the selectable shortcut table of contents which is really nice.

Either one seems a great buy for the DIY guys, considering it will save you THOUSANDS of dollars on repairs you can do yourself as opposed to having the dealer do these.

$30 dollar difference between these two sources vs thousands at dealer.... either is a no brain-er. Glad do see we have two sources for manuals now. Geeezzz, I remember searched for manuals like a madman for almost a year before I found Elsawin. Glad to know our options are increasing. Preference up to individual.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, based on the image snapshot that was posted, I strongly suspect that factory-manuals.com is not developing the manual themselves. Rather I suspect that they downloaded the manuals from Audi, merged them together for specific vehicles, and are charging for the product. That may or may not be legal, depending on Audi's terms of usage.

And Audi's pdf manuals have bookmarked tables-of-content. I've always been able to click on the topic and have it take me right to the section...
Old 09-30-2016, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
$30 dollar difference between these two sources vs thousands at dealer.... either is a no brain-er. Glad do see we have two sources for manuals now.
I'm trying not to be as frugal as I have been in the past, so I just placed my order for the manual that the OP recommended.
Hopefully, I can continue to service this newer Audi as I have in the past with my older Audi's.

I did install the APR stage II pulley, which does involve quite a bit of work on my newest Audi.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

And Audi's pdf manuals have bookmarked tables-of-content. I've always been able to click on the topic and have it take me right to the section...
Would you be willing to share where you got the Audi PDFs and the cost?
Old 09-30-2016, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, based on the image snapshot that was posted, I strongly suspect that factory-manuals.com is not developing the manual themselves. Rather I suspect that they downloaded the manuals from Audi, merged them together for specific vehicles, and are charging for the product. That may or may not be legal, depending on Audi's terms of usage.

This one has the same. All pages are watermarked with the VIN and Audi Copyright information. All information is indexed, searchable, using both the search tool, and the indexed table of contents. However he puts them together, he's using a legitimate source for the manuals.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Manuals

Hi!
My name is Stefan and i represent www.factory-manuals.com.
I made this account only to clarify few aspects. I read and see that are few questions about what we are doing.
First, please sorry for my english, is not my first language.
For the admin's of this forum, i am not creating this account to advertise for free, in any form.
So, first, please read our terms&conditions. Every customer sign that, 4 times, without reading. I know why, i always do the same..
What is all about?
We create these manuals directly from Audi AG, Erwin. After we receive the order, we pay a subscription in customer name and using your car VIN we create your manual with the exact files for your exact car.
More than that, we save the fitting locations and wiring diagrams for your exact VIN.
The copyrights is not our responsibility. It is the customer task, according with our terms&conditions. We input in the file the customer personal data, so if that manual is going to the internet, Audi AG can easy see who is breaking the laws.
Actually, the customer pay us to create the manual from Erwin.
Of course that any of you can do that.
What we offer for the money? We select only the proper files for your car. We create fittings and wiring diagrams for your exact car. We create a single file, pdf, with bookmarks and hyperlinks, 100% working. For that, we use a professional software who cost few hundreds of $$.
What you cannot do by yourself?
Creating a single file with 100% facilities. I am sure that you will not select the proper files for your car. You cannot create the wiring diagram and fitting locations for your exact car.

What we do is legal?
100%. Copyrights is not our responsibility. We delete all the files, after customer receive the manual.

Quick Reply: Factory service manual