Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Few MMI question I cant find in help!

Old 03-29-2015, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few MMI question I cant find in help!

I have a 2013 A6 prestige. Love the car and getting used to the technology but there a few quirks that I have searched thru menu's help and web and can not find how to fix some things.

1: MMI Touchpad voice volume during touch pad spelling? I went to MMI setup and I can adjust the MMI volume and the voice assist volume. 2 variables. They are also accessible when the woman talks I can turn volume and her voice volume goes down. BUT when I spell using the touch pad during navigation and she announces the letter I typed it is 100% max volume. I no longer want to use the touch pad it is too jarring.Where is this volume control?

2: In a up/down list the rotary **** is backwards to to me. Is there a way to flip this? GF tried it as well and it was not normal to her as well. I am constantly flipping up and back down to get where I want.

3: Main Radio screen/home screen text? I normally like to leave the MMI on Map view or the Radio screen. In past cars once you select a station the station screen will usually default to the name of the station the track that is playing and maybe artist info. I think it is odd that I select from a screen that list all my radio stations, I select the station, and that's it the list remains there (the station does change to the select station) but the list remains I scroll up and down but nothing, no track info artist, the station that is active?

Same goes for the center dash, I can scroll thru radio and Sirius stations and select but the list remains, I want to select 93.3 for example then see whats playing, artist etc?

I noticed in Sirius, if I remain on the select station, a popup window will appear after a few seconds and it will have track/artist info. Which is ok but still rather see full screen or see that info in the center dash. But nothing happens like this for radio station?

4: Bluetooth Iphone: Now here when I select the iphone as a source it DOES have the media info, is there something like this for radio/sirius? But when I select iphone as source it just starts playing my whole phone. Is there anyway to select playlist? Other then manual on phone? Is that what the audi cable does for you?
Old 03-29-2015, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

1. Menu -> Tone -> Systems -> MMI Touch Volume

2. No. Just try to get used to it by moving your right hand thumb in the direction you want to go.

3. I'm not sure, but I think there is an option that you have to turn on to get the Radio Data System info to show up in a box. And it's not always available, depending on the station, signal strength, and whether you are actually receiving HD radio or it is falling back on FM.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I tried the MMI Volume that is not it and VOice volume both are different. It is so loud it is painful have to take to the dealer or something.

2: Yes I reread manual again and I had the info turned on and I know i my prior car those stations would typically have the artist or song name or both 90% of the time. I just tried again and nothing, no popups on any station just a long list. of radio stations its really an odd radio view. Wish there was a Home screen with just the radio station I am playing, the track info, artist art
Old 03-30-2015, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by newmoon
1. Menu -> Tone -> Systems -> MMI Touch Volume
Can you try it again please? Unless something changed, I just checked my 2012 A6 and that is exactly where the setting is.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes I did, it took after I restarted the car and it was way too low now. I have it at 50%, but for some reason when I use the touch pad input the music does not lower when she accepts the letter. SO the PO I assume cranked it up so it would override the stereo. If your stereo is at 30% though it will be extremely loud.

Not sure if there is a way to turn on music fade volume/control during voice talk. It works in other places.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well I I think I got all my questions answered now, 1 more. I did just add T-Mobile prepay for $30. It fired up immediately and it appears it just has a menu in the Nav screen when you want to search stuff? I can search Google online for my area locally or near my destination. Very cool.

1- The Google earth view came on, but can you get Google street view?

2-I went on audi connect and added some destinations but how can i send to connect from my iphone googlemaps not just my PC? How do I link them since audiconnect wont load on my iphone.

3-I read I can update my POI as well but do not see that on myaudi page, how do I upload customize? Is this even needed or worth it?

4-I download audi mmi app but appears for my A6 it is worthless and on web page my car has no widgets like facebook, photo navigation. Other then google nav/map thing what other benefits does connect offer? It seems the info screen comes from sirius for traffic. Does google add weather or otehr stuff to your map view? gas prices etc somewhere?
Old 03-30-2015, 04:10 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcuff1
Well I I think I got all my questions answered now, 1 more. I did just add T-Mobile prepay for $30. It fired up immediately and it appears it just has a menu in the Nav screen when you want to search stuff? I can search Google online for my area locally or near my destination. Very cool. 1- The Google earth view came on, but can you get Google street view? 2-I went on audi connect and added some destinations but how can i send to connect from my iphone googlemaps not just my PC? How do I link them since audiconnect wont load on my iphone. 3-I read I can update my POI as well but do not see that on myaudi page, how do I upload customize? Is this even needed or worth it? 4-I download audi mmi app but appears for my A6 it is worthless and on web page my car has no widgets like facebook, photo navigation. Other then google nav/map thing what other benefits does connect offer? It seems the info screen comes from sirius for traffic. Does google add weather or otehr stuff to your map view? gas prices etc somewhere?
$30 per month is a lot for something you already have in your phone, mine in particular closes the 2nd of the month (I believe all of them do) so if you cancel it right now it will work only until the 2nd, and you would just pay $1 per day (prorated)

Or try it for a month and drive as much as you can and almost all the Google maps around a radius will be stored in the memory

And if you really like it then get the 450 per 30 months and just pay 15

In my opinion only the maps are worth it and you can save most of all them in the memory in just one month, and then just activate it for trips etc
Just remember if you activate it in the 3rd it will go all the way to the 2nd
Old 03-30-2015, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcuff1
Well I I think I got all my questions answered now, 1 more. I did just add T-Mobile prepay for $30. It fired up immediately and it appears it just has a menu in the Nav screen when you want to search stuff? I can search Google online for my area locally or near my destination. Very cool.

1- The Google earth view came on, but can you get Google street view?

2-I went on audi connect and added some destinations but how can i send to connect from my iphone googlemaps not just my PC? How do I link them since audiconnect wont load on my iphone.

3-I read I can update my POI as well but do not see that on myaudi page, how do I upload customize? Is this even needed or worth it?

4-I download audi mmi app but appears for my A6 it is worthless and on web page my car has no widgets like facebook, photo navigation. Other then google nav/map thing what other benefits does connect offer? It seems the info screen comes from sirius for traffic. Does google add weather or otehr stuff to your map view? gas prices etc somewhere?
1.Yes, if Google has the view for that location. Hit the selector **** and scroll the map to a street location. Turn the zoom all the way in and you should see a "person" icon in the upper right by the zoom indicator. Zoom one or two more times to see street view. Note that the streetview is static - it will not move with the car while driving but you can scroll or move the streetview yourself with the touch pad.

2. Get the myAudi app for your phone and follow directions.

3. Not sure what you mean by "update POIs". You can send any location to the car using the app above. Google "online destinations" in the car are continuously updated.

4. Audi Connect in the car's MMI itself offers several online options for news, weather, events, gas stations/prices and parking locations/availability. You also get the Google earth overlay. Audi Connect also provides a hot spot for mobile devices in the car. Read you MMI manual for how to access.

T-Mobile has a prepaid 30 month unlimited data program for $450 which works out to $15 per month. There are also other pay-for-use providers like P-Tel, Truphone and others that use the T-Mobile network. Do an Audiworld global search - there's lots of info on these.

Last edited by snagitseven; 03-30-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks snag! I got what I needed from your post.!!