Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #1
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 80465

Default Finally upgrade from 2002 A6 2.7T

After 10 years I finally sold my 2002 A6 2.7t with 160K miles. This was a sad moment for me as for the first time in 28 years I no longer own a manual transmission. After searching the Audi CPO sites for several months and reviewing threads here on AudiWorld I decided to look for a 2013 versus a 2012 A6 and located a 2013 around 120 miles away.

After having the '13 A6 for a week I am pleasantly surprised in how much the A6 has changed in 10 years. I purchased a:
- 2013 A6 Prestige
- Dakota Gray / Nougat Brown
- Innovation Package
- LED Headlights
- Cold Weather Package

Current plans are
1 - for some winter wheels / tires...not sure if I want to use the current 18" wheels for the winter tires and get set of 19" wheels to replace the current setup for the remainder of the year.
2 - Ordered Truphone SIM for Audi Connect
3 - Vagcom...question mark??

I am considering Vagcom and want to know if I should get it. Based on some of the threads I read it would seem to be something that would be useful for me. I am pretty computer literate and wondered what your thoughts were. I will probably keep this car for quite awhile.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 273296

Congratulations on a beautiful upgrade to your '02 A6.
I think one of the options on your car is "Adaptive Cruise Control"--You'll really like that.
dicktahoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:14 PM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 258422

That is a beautiful car and great color combination - I was torn between that and what I ended up with.

I have travelled the same path - Dec 31 bought a 2-14 A6 Prestige, Daytona Grey, Black Optics, and this is also the first Automatic car I have owned. I was driving a 2002 VW Passat 1.8T Manual, in fact I still have it, trying to find an VW enthusiast who would appreciate a well-cared for low mileage car. My wife keeps nagging me to take it to carmax so we don't leave it parked in the driveway.

At times I feel the A6 is a bit too refined for my driving style and I park it and drive around in my Passat, and quickly realize that the A6 is in a world of its own in terms of comfort and effortless power. I still shift gears once in a while when I come to a stop - from drive to neutral! but I think I am getting used to it.
oceanengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:53 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicktahoe View Post
Congratulations on a beautiful upgrade to your '02 A6.
I think one of the options on your car is "Adaptive Cruise Control"--You'll really like that.
I has taken a little time to get used to the "ACC" with the braking when not expecting it. Need to figure out the spacing a little better and to determine when to change lanes prior to the ACC taking over and slowing me down.

The Active Lane Assist is also another feature that is taking a lot of time to get used to. I can feel in the wheel when the car tried to correct me...and I definitely know that I need to use the direction sooner prior to changing lanes or the car tries to place me back in the lane.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:59 AM   #5
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanengineer View Post
That is a beautiful car and great color combination - I was torn between that and what I ended up with.

I have travelled the same path - Dec 31 bought a 2-14 A6 Prestige, Daytona Grey, Black Optics, and this is also the first Automatic car I have owned. I was driving a 2002 VW Passat 1.8T Manual, in fact I still have it, trying to find an VW enthusiast who would appreciate a well-cared for low mileage car. My wife keeps nagging me to take it to carmax so we don't leave it parked in the driveway.

At times I feel the A6 is a bit too refined for my driving style and I park it and drive around in my Passat, and quickly realize that the A6 is in a world of its own in terms of comfort and effortless power. I still shift gears once in a while when I come to a stop - from drive to neutral! but I think I am getting used to it.
Thanks...I really knew I wanted the Nougat...definitely didn't want the Beige. Probably the one option I would have wanted was the Sport package for the paddle shifters and the 19" wheels. Overall though this is exactly what I wanted.

After getting this car I drove my wife's 2012 Subaru Outback...I thought that car was really nice compared to my '02 A6 but after driving in my '13 A6 you realize what a step up the Audi's interior is over other cars/

One really pleasant surprise is the gas mileage after the first fill-up...after traveling 460 miles I calculated 25.8 MPG...better than I ever attained in the '02 A6. Wasn't expecting that.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:17 AM   #6
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 217740

Congrats. I still keep my C5.

2012 A6 3.0T Prestige S-Line Sport Suspension Pirelli P-Zero 255/35/20

[Glacier White Metallic // Black Milano Leather // Matte Brushed Aluminium Inlay // Black Headliner]

[LED Headlights // Adaptive Cruise Control // Audi Pre Sense Plus // Audi Brake Guard // Audi Side Assist // Head Up Display // Night Vision // Shift Paddles]

[Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System // Electric Rear Sunshade // Manual Side Sunshade // Four Zone Climate Control // Heated and Ventilated Front Seats // Heated Rear Seats // LED Ambient Lighting Plus // Glass Sunroof]
qqq1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:06 AM   #7
AudiWorld Member

"The Active Lane Assist is also another feature that is taking a lot of time to get used to. I can feel in the wheel when the car tried to correct me...and I definitely know that I need to use the direction sooner prior to changing lanes or the car tries to place me back in the lane."

When you have the Lane Assist (ALA) on, it's interesting how often you find you are drifting too close to the lane-edge and it corrects you. This feature is very helpful on long trips--I recently travelled for two days on I-40 from Kingman, AZ to Memphis. When changing lanes, a short bump of the turn-signal lever will give you 3-flashes and let you change lanes without ALA trying to keep you in lane.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:10 AM   #8
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 22753

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJKs '02 2.7T View Post
I has taken a little time to get used to the "ACC" with the braking when not expecting it. Need to figure out the spacing a little better and to determine when to change lanes prior to the ACC taking over and slowing me down.
You can change the rate of response behavior of the ACC in the MMI. For example, if set to Comfort or Auto, the ACC will react more gradually to a following car's speed/distance changes. Conversely, the Dynamic setting will force the car to speed up or slow down more quickly. The difference in settings will have little effect if the following car comes to a sudden stop.

- 2013 A6 3.0T Prestige, Quartz Gray/Black, 19" Sport, Driver Assist, LED headlights,Cold Weather and B&O;
Bridgestone RE970AS tires; XPel Ultimate full front, mirrors and rocker panels, Opti-coat Pro
- 2002 allroad 2.7t - 13y/49K mi and still like new
- 2009 A4 3.2 Prestige w/Nav (sold at 4y/48K mi)
- 2001 A6 2.7t (sold at 8y/98K mi)
snagitseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:57 AM   #9
AudiWorld Member

"You can change the rate of response behavior of the ACC in the MMI."

This is a very good suggestion, and I have mine set on "Comfort" for this reason. Also, the toggle switch on top of the lever lets you select a longer following distance if you want (although I usually find distance-3, the default, to be perfect).
Old 05-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #10
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 223734

Just curious but have you read your owners manual? It seem these days that most new car owners rarely read their owners manual. I've tried many times to get my wife to read the owners manual for the Lexus ES350 I gave her soon after I retired. Has that happened nooooo!!!
Anyway, good luck on your A6 and enjoy. A comment on the following "distance" settings for the ACC. The 4 different settings are really following time settings. That means the actual distance will increase as the speed increases for each setting. So it is not a fixed a distance but a fixed time. The manual will tell you what the following time is for each setting.

2012 A6 Prestige Pkg, Innovation Pkg, Bang and Olefson sound system, 20" Sport Pkg, Stasis 370mm front brakes
KW variant 3 suspension with Stasis rear ARB and adjustable front upper control arms
GIAC Stage 2 Tune, P3cars Vent Integrated Digital Interface(VIDI), injen intake
Lumar Tint:
CTX 50% Tint Front Side Windows
CTX 30% Tint Rear & Rear Side Windows
AIR 80% Front Windshield
XPEL Ultimate Clear Bra on entire hood and left & right fenders
jr'sAudiA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement