Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

First Audi A6

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrvictor83
In your research, what would have been the widest tallest wheel and tire combination you could go with an A6 that is potentially lowered by 1.5 inches?

i did not fully explore that route, as i was trying to stay within the original/recommended tire size.

i'll let others chime in on that.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 4.2 Dreamer
Are you lowering from non-Sport ride height or Sport ride height?

Non-Sport I believe.... I purchased an A6 Premium Plus..... It doesn't have paddle shifters.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Non-Sport I believe.... I purchased an A6 Premium Plus..... It doesn't have paddle shifters.
add in a 3 spoke steering with shifters as well to the list.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're lowering 1.5 from non-Sport height you're probably not to far off from Sport height. I'm not sure how much lower the Sport vs non-Sport cars are, someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

That being said, there's a lot of posts on wheel/tire sizing...search is your friend. If you're not on Audizine.com, you may want to join that forum as well, there's tons of info there.

Certainly there's guys running 10-10.5 rims with 285 tires. However unless you're spending BIG bucks to get a really light wheel, that will be a very heavy set up. I've got a 20x9 ET32 wheel running a 265/35/20 tire and I think it's a great set up - good contact patch, flush fit to the fender, fills the wheel gap nicely. Going to much beyond that can get tricky, but that's just my experience and opinion.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Dreamer- nice car combo. I've got a 993 as well.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dkp993-A6
Dreamer- nice car combo. I've got a 993 as well.
Can't go wrong with old school/new school German hardware....Porsche and Audi are kissing cousins anyway...lol
Old 05-21-2016, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi Newbie

Hello everyone! I recently purchased a black 2008 A6 Quattro. I know it isn't brand new, but it is new to me! I just got the windows tinted yesterday. I would like to add a mesh grille. I am undecided as to all black or chrome accents. I may possibly lower it and would like to get black machined concave wheels. I like the darker color, but that they still have a bit of shine instead of being all black. So my question is, if I don't lower it, how will it look? I am not sure which to do first.... Purchase 19 inch wheels and tires or do the lowering first... which would you do? I don't want to go bigger than that because I still want the performance aspect. However should I stagger or not? Also if I do the chrome on the grille, I would like to add chrome exhaust tips. I think the grille and the exhaust tips will be the cheapest modification, so I think I will do that first. However I don't know what size exhaust tips, as I am BRAND NEW to Audi and to modifications with vehicles. Your opinions and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...
Old 05-21-2016, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chadsriri
Hello everyone! I recently purchased a black 2008 A6 Quattro. I know it isn't brand new, but it is new to me! I just got the windows tinted yesterday. I would like to add a mesh grille. I am undecided as to all black or chrome accents. I may possibly lower it and would like to get black machined concave wheels. I like the darker color, but that they still have a bit of shine instead of being all black. So my question is, if I don't lower it, how will it look? I am not sure which to do first.... Purchase 19 inch wheels and tires or do the lowering first... which would you do? I don't want to go bigger than that because I still want the performance aspect. However should I stagger or not? Also if I do the chrome on the grille, I would like to add chrome exhaust tips. I think the grille and the exhaust tips will be the cheapest modification, so I think I will do that first. However I don't know what size exhaust tips, as I am BRAND NEW to Audi and to modifications with vehicles. Your opinions and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...
Welcome to Audi ownership! As you have a 2008 A6, you'll probably want to post in the C6 platform forum. This is the C7 platform forum.

I don't have any experience with the C6 platform, but I will suggest to you NOT to stagger the wheel setup. I'm assuming you have Quattro and this AWD system, regardless of platform, DOES NOT like staggered wheel setups. You'll want to stay with a square setup. GL!
Old 08-04-2022, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by thehaviet
I just put the TSW Nurburgring wheels on my A6. They are strong, light, and looks very nice. And also very budget friendly. I am sure they're are many nicer wheels out there, if your budget is a little deeper
What size TSW Nurburgring are you running? I’m looking at the 20x10 40mm offset.