Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017
View Poll Results: Vote on best Grey for 2016 A6
Florett Grey
15.79%
Oolong Grey
26.32%
Tonrdao Grey
57.89%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Florett Silver and Flint Grey

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by audi40
I'd vote for Florett silver + 19" black optics package + black interior with blackheadliner. Trust me, the interior is big enough and there's enough glass that the black on black interior does not feel claustrophobic at all. It's too bad (IMHO) that they no longer offer the aluminum trim option on the A6 in the US - I love mine with the all black interior...nice contrast and sportier feel than the wood trim options.

Here's a Florett w/ black ops and all black interior (for as long as the link lasts):

New 2016 Audi A6 For Sale in Chandler AZ | VIN: WAUHGAFCXGN002757 | Serving Phoenix, Mesa and Scottsdale
Interesting set of pix Audi40 of the black optic Florett. Nice looking car all around and the black headliner does work well with the interior and the glossy walnut looks elegant with the black dash and doors. ... also with either black or nougat brown seats and leather door inserts .. both work well with the Florett Silver.

I do like the chrome accented black grill with the Florett car myself .. hence my order of one in that scheme ... seems to add just the right amount of sheen and glint bounce from the sun as a nice tandem with Florett Silver's sparkle in real life... Something that doesn't quite come across quite as much with this set of pix from Chandler Audi in Phoenix.

The guy taking these probably used a smartphone and clearly during the flat light of mid-day, compared to the San Diego shots above which were obviously shot with some care and forethought and likely with an SLR or 4/3rds camera friendly afternoon or morning daylight.

Incidently, in checking the info door tag photo on this car, it was built in Dec 2014, meaning that it technically does not comply with the '5 Star Plus' very top safety rating that is reserved only for A6s built after Jan 15, 2015 AND have the Drivers assistance pack ... for whatever that is worth to ya. In reality they are both essentially as safe as one another, no doubt, but it is worth noting when looking to buy off the lot and not order you own.

Maybe you can get an extra $500 to $1K negotiated off the price by pointing out this little fact and that the 'sell by' date is slightly on the long side.

Chandler also still lists the MPG rating on the 2016 A6 3.0TFSI as 18 city 27 Hwy when is should read 20 city -30 Hwy -24mpg combined... The US gov, MPG official website has a nice little metric for plugging in the ratio of city type stop and go driving you do compared to more 45mph plus cruise running on average.

Using that metric with about 10% to 12% total of city-like stop and go for me, at the very most and that is being generous on the city side, living in Sedona AZ with lot of nice open Hwys to roam on. As such, according to their math I should easily get around 27mpg on average.

Last edited by Hulamau; 05-19-2015 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Hulamau
For our next Audi when we roll over my wife's 2015 A4 prestige into a no doubt by then Marc Licthe S4 or S5 for her, I will give it a closer consideration (though she will no doubt have the final say on that one :-),
FWIW I find the beige headliner that comes with the beige leather much more attractive than the silver headliner that comes with grey and black leather. The beige might be a good choice for her if she really does not like the dark headliner. Just a suggestion.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
FWIW I find the beige headliner that comes with the beige leather much more attractive than the silver headliner that comes with grey and black leather. The beige might be a good choice for her if she really does not like the dark headliner. Just a suggestion.
You are right on the money irenesbob! For her 2015 Prestige A4 she chose a glacier white metallic with black dash, doors, console and carpet and glossy walnut trim over Beige leather seats, door inserts and beige headliner and it looks very elegant in that configuration. She is absolutely in love with her 'chariot' that she much enjoys driving for a morning coffee and out with her gal pals.

The Audi bug has bit her hard too.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tornado wins!
went with tornado grey and black interior.
just placed the order this morning.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Hulamau
You are right on the money irenesbob! For her 2015 Prestige A4 she chose a glacier white metallic with black dash, doors, console and carpet and glossy walnut trim over Beige leather seats, door inserts and beige headliner and it looks very elegant in that configuration.
It sounds like a great choice of colors. One of my favorites is a Shiriz red A7 with the beige interior and oak layered trim.

Name:  red%20Shiraz%2009_zpshecetnxm.jpg
Views: 2079
Size:  60.0 KB