Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

front parking sensors

Old 08-07-2013, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by manishaudi
The button has a "P" with a little cone next to it. The row of buttons it is in is in between the DVD/Sim/SDcard Slots and the Climate controls.

Link to image from AudiUSA's A6 image Gallery:
http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/DEMO...ct-01?wid=1280

Also, throwing my 2 cents in, I don't mind that it doesn't come on automatically. All the BMWs and now Audi that I have had are this way. I press the button without thinking about it whenever I park my car or am maneuvering in a tight space.
Great - thanks guys. I saw that button and just figured the P stood for the panic lights /emergency flashers.

I too don't mind that it doesn't come on automatically when going forward but I am happy to now know I can turn them on manually when I want if I am pulling in a tight space. Thanks
Old 08-07-2013, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

As long as you're going no faster than 9 mph, it can be turned on at any time.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apologize for resurrecting an old thread, but I have the same issue as OP. My other vehicle is a Touareg and it is definitely a step back from what I have on the Touareg. If there is anyway to activate it automatically, I would love to know it.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KickAss
Apologize for resurrecting an old thread, but I have the same issue as OP. My other vehicle is a Touareg and it is definitely a step back from what I have on the Touareg. If there is anyway to activate it automatically, I would love to know it.
As pointed out in this thread months ago, there ain't no way. Just push the darn button when needed.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Oh well, it was worth a shot.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you have VAGCOM, you can increase the speed threshold to 15 mph or so (20 km/h I believe) which means that the sensors/rear cam will work until the vehicle hits that speed. Convenient in parking garages when pulling out.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you for the reply. I already applied that change. However, it still does not address the fact that parking sensors remain off until the vehicle is in reverse. Technically, the only way to have it always be available when parking is to back into your spot instead of driving forward into it. I'm just a little surprised that the VW implementation is more user-friendly than the Audi version.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by laissezfaire
not at all. The sensors are on only with slow forward motion. Very helpful in city or airport garage approaches to ticket/entry gates, front parking in tight spaces and entry into my own garage.

I looked at all the menus... there's no option available. How strange there's a different implementation between VW and Audi on this. The system looks identical on the screen.
I also agree. In my Lexus prior to my Audis, the parking sensors were so helpful. When I switched to 2012 A6, I was annoyed I had to press the parking or reverse he car to activate the sensors. This didn't change in my 2016 A6 boy wife's Mercedes also is similar to the Audis. Coming from a city with 12 million people, every parking space and garages are tight squeezes, so the automatic sensors were greatly appreciated.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KickAss
Thank you for the reply. I already applied that change. However, it still does not address the fact that parking sensors remain off until the vehicle is in reverse.
Again, as said previously a few times, just push the "P" button when driving forward (under 9 mph) and the all the sensors and display come on. No need to go in reverse first.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

--Nevermind, not worth it.

Last edited by KickAss; 05-11-2015 at 08:03 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: front parking sensors