Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Front Right Bearing Gone

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Right Bearing Gone

Just thought I would share my experience.
At 91,000km my front right bearing started making noise. Very faint at first, then got louder and louder. In 3 days, it was annoying enough for me to bring the car in to the dealer.

The bearing cost is $273CDN and Total with Labour and taxes came out to $900.00 - Which is crazy. The dealer put 3.5hrs for labour.

Afterwards, the car rides awesome. It "seems" to be better in fuel economy and is buttery smooth.

I asked if this was a prominent problem, they said that "yes" it happens to the A6.

Question: have you guys experienced bearing failure? Please advise on the kms.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfly_A6
Just thought I would share my experience.
At 91,000km my front right bearing started making noise. Very faint at first, then got louder and louder. In 3 days, it was annoying enough for me to bring the car in to the dealer.

The bearing cost is $273CDN and Total with Labour and taxes came out to $900.00 - Which is crazy. The dealer put 3.5hrs for labour.

Afterwards, the car rides awesome. It "seems" to be better in fuel economy and is buttery smooth.

I asked if this was a prominent problem, they said that "yes" it happens to the A6.

Question: have you guys experienced bearing failure? Please advise on the kms.

Thanks in advance.
Please, please do yourself a favor and find yourself a qualified independent mechanic for all future non-warranty repairs. I hate to see people raked over the coals by the dealer.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I know I could have went to my other mechanic, and got better pricing on the parts, but this was one of those times - needs-to-get-this-done asap.

Still, my concern is that this will be a prominent problem. Even if I try other mechanics, it would cost ~ $450-$500.