Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Fuel Injection System Recall - Car Now Dead

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 02:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ineoraudi
Huntergts what dealership did you take it to?
Len Stoler Porsche Audi. I like them much better than Hunt Valley Audi near my house.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fEArmE
I would call AoA and ask them who is responsible for this mess and what happen down the road after your warranty is expired.

This is another example that shows these guys have no clue what they are doing.
Still no ETA on the ECM arrival, so I called Audi on Friday concerned about this failure and warranty ending. Since I am the original owner they are going to see what they can do about extending my warranty. Should hear back this week.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6
It is probably a coincidence that a failure occurred with the ECU as a result of the dealer doing the safety recall on your vehicle. I had mine done recently and while they did the recall I had the dealer update the MMI SW to fix some bugs I had complained about on previous service intervals. During the MMI update the 5F module failed. I am out of warranty but insisted that Audi should pick up the cost for replacing the module as it was working fine when I brought it in and since it failed during an update there must be some kind of design issue, this type of failure has happen before, that caused this failure. In any event the unit was replaced and Audi and the dealer shared in the cost. So these things happen. Hopefully in your case the engine starting problem is the result of a failed ECU and nothing to do with the recall work.
I actually did have some other TSBs to be addressed during this visit: transmission software update and MMI to the latest version.

Also not sure why they were not using fender covers during this work. Maybe they assumed my Expel clear bra was there.