Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Surround Camera

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surround Camera

Can someone please post or PM me their long coding for module 6C Backup camera. I recently retrofitted the surround camera system and everything works, however, the camera angles are off. The coding that is currently in the module is for an A8 and Ross Tech doesn't have any information for the A6 platform in the helper. Thank you in advance.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ming03
Can someone please post or PM me their long coding for module 6C Backup camera. I recently retrofitted the surround camera system and everything works, however, the camera angles are off. The coding that is currently in the module is for an A8 and Ross Tech doesn't have any information for the A6 platform in the helper. Thank you in advance.
If nobody beats me to it, I'll pull this for you in a couple of hours.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Name:  JK7dXGB.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  58.5 KB

This is from my 2013 with the Innovation Package (includes 360 degree camera).

Let me know if there's anything else you need - pretty cool that you were able to retrofit it. Let me know how it works out for you.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow, sounds great. Could you please post more details as to what and how you did? Thanks
Old 03-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nyuni

This is from my 2013 with the Innovation Package (includes 360 degree camera).

Let me know if there's anything else you need - pretty cool that you were able to retrofit it. Let me know how it works out for you.
Awesome, I really appreciate this. I think I have it figured out. My car originally came with the standard RVC, when I installed the new surround camera kit it came with a new module for the environment camera. I didn't disconnect the hot, ground, and CAN going to the old camera, so when I logged into 6C module I couldn't change any of the coding for the side or front cameras, the old module kept interfering. I will disconnect the old RVC module on Wednesday and report back.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

wow, very interested to see how this turns out. good job!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am happy to report that my 360 surround camera retrofit is working great! I want to give a special thank you to Nyuni and OEMplus for helping me get the parts to this kit and getting it all working. For those of you who are interested I purchased the kit here:

http://www.oemplus.com/surround-came...it-p-3077.html

Next upgrade will be the electronic hatch that wasn't available for the A6 here in the states. =)
Old 03-29-2013, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome, very cool. Glad to be of help. I know just from a technically-minded standpoint, I wouldn't mind a full write-up on the procedure and process you went through, and I'm sure it'll be very helpful to folks who might want to dive in and retrofit this system to their cars if they don't have it already, as well. Might be worth another thread specifically about it, if you've got the inclination to write it up.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am happy to report that my 360 surround camera retrofit is working great! I want to give a special thank you to Nyuni and OEMplus for helping me get the parts to this kit and getting it all working. For those of you who are interested I purchased the kit here:

Next upgrade will be the electronic hatch that wasn't available for the A6 here in the states. =)
Congratulations on the surround camera retrofit! Since my A6 came with no cam at all, I also wanted to add the surround retrofit kit, but it seems to be too much of a daunting task and I no longer have the skills or eyesight to perform it myself. So I went ahead and ordered just the rearview kit, which is what I actually wanted in the first place.

I have a question for you.... how tough is it to run the cable that links the camera module in the trunk to the MMI head unit in the dash? I think that would probably be the hardest and most time consuming step.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 02-28-2014, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi
could you tell me what cable you plug and where please on the electronic box 360°
thank you