Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Google Maps, Street View, Traffic, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 06:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Google Maps, Street View, Traffic, etc.

I just purchased a CPO 2012 A7 Prestige. Absolutely love it and spent a lot of time on this board prior to the purchase. After driving it for about a week, there are a few ongoing questions that I have.

1.) I was able to get an AT&T SIM card working on 2G and have Google Maps, but don't seem to have the "street view" that I see some people talking about (zooming in and/or when approaching a destination)

2.) I don't have any Traffic info. This goes for the map as well as an option under the "audi connect" page.

3.) When in Dynamic Driving Mode, does pulling the shifter into "S" mode do anything or is it already in S mode?

VERSION INFORMATION:
HN+R_US_AU_KO566_5

Navigation Database Version:
8R0060884AC NAR 5.5.3

Thanks!! posting here b/c it seems to get a lot more traffic than the A7 page, and we basically have the same cars.

-Ben
Old 01-16-2015, 06:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

1) I can only get Street View to work when stationary. Zoom in to the max (30 yards), wait a bit to see if the man appears, then zoom in more.

2) Have you enabled online traffic in the TMC settings? And then have you set the Nav map to Google Maps or Traffic map?

3) Don't know...
Old 01-16-2015, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

1) Street view was introduced with late 6xx sw versions if I recall correctly, anyway, you have 566 and should ask your dealer to update to 7xx due to issue with HD radio sound, camera freezing or BT sound issues. There is topic on here about what version is current and how to get the update.

2) Traffic (TMC) requires an active Sirius Traffic subscription, it doesn't work over the 3G internet link

3) If you select Dynamic then the transmission will be in S mode but after turning the car off and back on, while still in Dynamic Mode the transmission will be back on D.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
3) If you select Dynamic then the transmission will be in S mode but after turning the car off and back on, while still in Dynamic Mode the transmission will be back on D.
Which is annoying by the way...if you select dynamic mode it should stay in dynamic (sport trans) mode! I believe the steering and belt tensioner remains, but the transmission doesn't - kind of a head-scratcher if you ask me...
Old 01-16-2015, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Four years of free Sirius traffic started with model year 2013 I believe.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seattlite_A6C7
Which is annoying by the way...if you select dynamic mode it should stay in dynamic (sport trans) mode! I believe the steering and belt tensioner remains, but the transmission doesn't - kind of a head-scratcher if you ask me...
Ridiculously annoying and I think it has to do with being in compliance of our absurd EPA standards.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BenjaminJames
I just purchased a CPO 2012 A7 Prestige. Absolutely love it and spent a lot of time on this board prior to the purchase. After driving it for about a week, there are a few ongoing questions that I have.

1.) I was able to get an AT&T SIM card working on 2G and have Google Maps, but don't seem to have the "street view" that I see some people talking about (zooming in and/or when approaching a destination)

2.) I don't have any Traffic info. This goes for the map as well as an option under the "audi connect" page.

3.) When in Dynamic Driving Mode, does pulling the shifter into "S" mode do anything or is it already in S mode?

VERSION INFORMATION:
HN+R_US_AU_KO566_5

Navigation Database Version:
8R0060884AC NAR 5.5.3

Thanks!! posting here b/c it seems to get a lot more traffic than the A7 page, and we basically have the same cars.

-Ben
1) As previously stated, MMI software 0566 added Google Streetview. If your MMI has not been updated, you prob have 0467 or 0487 in a MY2012.

2) You need to call Sirius and subscribe to Traffic. About $4 per month.

3) See post #10 in this thread:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-.../#post24509039
Old 01-17-2015, 09:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the input everyone!

Since I'm on the AT&T 2G network, I'll be skipping the Traffic subscription.

Seems like Google Street View was added after 566 since that's what I'm running.

Finally got it on the driving modes. Kinda confusing but manageable.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BenjaminJames
Thanks for the input everyone!

Since I'm on the AT&T 2G network, I'll be skipping the Traffic subscription.
Traffic has nothing to do with the car's cel network. It comes via satellite on your Sirius radio. No Audi Connect internet subscription is needed to use it, just the $4 per month traffic subscription from Sirius. (You don't have to subscribe to Sirius radio either).
Old 01-19-2015, 07:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Traffic has nothing to do with the car's cel network. It comes via satellite on your Sirius radio. No Audi Connect internet subscription is needed to use it, just the $4 per month traffic subscription from Sirius. (You don't have to subscribe to Sirius radio either).
Right, but previous posts have stated that traffic is only compatible with maps when using a 3G connection I'm on AT&T so it's 2G... I'd have a list of incidents on the info tab, but sounds like it wouldn't carry over to the nav maps.

Quick Reply: Google Maps, Street View, Traffic, etc.