Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Havana Black vs. Oolong grey. Anyone have any pictures?..

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Havana Black vs. Oolong grey. Anyone have any pictures?..

I am about to buy a A7 from Germany to import to Norway, but I have a hard time finding the right color.

Right now it stands between a Havana Black A7 S-line and a Oolong grey S-line.

Which one should I choose?

Does anyone have pictures of the two colors? Maybe together as well?

Thanks!!
Old 08-19-2012, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is A6 forum you probably need to re-post at A7.
But you can see A6 color thread :
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2815376

I have A6 Oolong grey it is bit lighter than Havana black, in sun light it changes to more green/brown & it is hard to tell or describe Oolong but unique color.
Havana is very nice too but shows dust slightly more, but both require maintenance to keep them clean.

I actually saw A7 in showroom with Oolong so I decided on that color for my A6.

Check A6 color thread there are many photos for both, but better to see in person even if it was not A7 just to get feel for color sometimes pictures do not show colors clearly.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you have already decided which car model to buy, my take is that color should be your next and probably most important choice. Audi provides a few different very nice blacks and grays, which are very difficult to capture with a camera.

And I agree 100% with stoulana, so I would suggest you make an effort and try to view those colors in person - could be different models - before placing an order.

Oolong gray is an incredibly rich and nice color. You will see lots of different shades depending on the angle of view and environment. Same goes with Havana black, but a bit darker. I almost went for Oolong for my A6, but found a way to get Daytona gray - which is quite a bit lighter and cooler (blueish) versus the warmer (brownish) Oolong - and I couldn't be happier with my choice.

I kept watching lots of pictures on this forum and online, but just could not make up my mind due to different shades presented in photos for the same color. So I took my time and gave myself a chance to visit different Audi dealers to compare all colors before choosing one.

While you probably can't go wrong with either color, I think you will make a much better decision if you travel to your nearest fully stocked Audi dealer to check them out up close. I am sure you won't regret it.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Full Stocked? I had to travel to 3 dealers to see all the color choices. There are way more used cars on the Audi lots than new ones.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BugeyeRX
Full Stocked? I had to travel to 3 dealers to see all the color choices. There are way more used cars on the Audi lots than new ones.
+1
Old 08-19-2012, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BugeyeRX
Geez, you can always use the phone first. I certainly did. And used or new, the thing is to witness the colors in person.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've got an Oolong Grey A7 - here are some pics. Funny thing for me is that I've always been a lighter color car person. I was ready to buy an Ice Silver A7 and ran across an Oolong Grey
A7 on the lot and it just sort of grew on me. I like white quite a bit as well. The Oolong Grey is very unique.
Attached Images