Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Hello! Checking in with a 13 Phantom Black Quattro Presitige

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
For me I usually drive with my head leaning against the headrest and I only have to shift my head very slightly to the right and I can see the HUD with my polarized sunglasses on. No contortions required...your mileage may vary
I did exactly what you said, and it made a difference.
I wonder if a **** to adjust side to side projection angle for polarized sunglasses will be future improvement like the **** for projection height adjustment.

solaaudiguy,

Thank you for your nice comment!
Old 07-21-2016, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Besides the obvious performance differences what are your thoughts? I feel like the details are missing like the mirror with compass, full size spare, magnified visors, awful sound system, noisey interior...but the looks and ride more than make up for it.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by r1racer
I feel like the details are missing like the mirror with compass, full size spare, magnified visors.
Haha, the same items except full size spare that my significant the other have said. She really misses the magnified mirror in the sun visor. There is a bigger and high tech looking compass on the dash display, but...
Full size spare will be great too. I will explore if full size spare can fit into the wheel well.
I thought Boss sound system is okay. My old A6 had the Boss system too. I may look into shallow subwoofer.
Don't care about the retractable MMI screen.
Start button is in the wrong side.
Used to be a power button for the glove box.
I agree there were a few items that went to cheaper way.

However, I thought overall execution of human interface was much better than C6.
As I said earlier, main dash display is leaps and bounds better with multi taps and useful information. My 13 A4 prestige display looks very old compared with A6's
Dash line flow through the doors giving nice cozy feel. And a little aluminum color accent strips are nicely done.
Some are depends on trim level, but I like
4 zone climate control, vented seat albeit weak, puddle light on door handle, puddle light on rocker panel, front-back adjustable head rest, power folding rear view mirrors, and all high tech and safety gizmos in innovation package, LED head light etc.
As you can see, I am still in honeymoon stage.