Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Help an Audi and VAG COM Newbie please

Old 09-23-2013, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fEArmE
No fear. There are 2 log files in c:\ross-tech\xxx (i forgot the name of the subfolder) that capture all changes you will be making. They are in txt format. CodingLog.txt and AdpLog.txt. But it wouldn't hurt to do a scan and backup
Agreed but (particularly as a non-techie) I find a hand-written "pre-change" notation to be comforting.....just in case. Thankfully have not needed it yet.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
I can confirm that it worked on my S6.
Thanks for confirming. I made the changes just before my 15K mile service and perhaps when my dealer updated my MMI to 0715-2, it set it back to the default, although, none of my other mods were affected. I'll check the values to see if they have reverted.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Thanks for confirming. I made the changes just before my 15K mile service and perhaps when my dealer updated my MMI to 0715-2, it set it back to the default, although, none of my other mods were affected. I'll check the values to see if they have reverted.
It would make sense that this one would be overwritten with a new MMI update since it relates to the MMI.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It would make sense that this one would be overwritten with a new MMI update since it relates to the MMI.
You would think so but as I said, none of my other MMI mods were reset.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You would think so but as I said, none of my other MMI mods were reset.

What other MMI mods did you do? You probably understand this better than me so please explain it if I am wrong, but most of the Vcds mods don't look like they go through the MMI. So I could see some being saved if they are not directly affecting the MMI.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

What other MMI mods did you do? You probably understand this better than me so please explain it if I am wrong, but most of the Vcds mods don't look like they go through the MMI. So I could see some being saved if they are not directly affecting the MMI.
Off hand, I can think of one - the convenience key which adds an MMI menu item to control windows and sunroof operation from the key fob. Still there and working. Unless 0715-2 added it on its own.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Off hand, I can think of one - the convenience key which adds an MMI menu item to control windows and sunroof operation from the key fob. Still there and working. Unless 0715-2 added it on its own.
My last Porsche had that. Could raise/lower the windows and the convertible top from the key.

Would be nice to have on the Audi, but with the Premium Plus, I think I got the Inconvenience Key....so I don't think it can be activated.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by James517
My last Porsche had that. Could raise/lower the windows and the convertible top from the key.

Would be nice to have on the Audi, but with the Premium Plus, I think I got the Inconvenience Key....so I don't think it can be activated.
I don't think that's the case. I believe any Audi that has a remote key fob and power windows/sunroof can be programmed to operate them. My now gone 2001 A6 and the wife's 2002 allroad has that option enabled by VCDS. No MMI or advanced key existed back then.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Banned

Thats actually the main reason I'm messing with the VAG-COM. Had the window raise/lower on my X5M and used it all the time, so now I'm spoiled and need it on my A6. Wish there was some way to do the trunk close too, but pretty sure we don't have the motors required to close it.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You're pretty right. Not on the A6.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help an Audi and VAG COM Newbie please