Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

How about Pirelli P7 AS Tires ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 07:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How about Pirelli P7 AS Tires ?

Hello all,
Its time for new tires, So far i have 1 set of summer tires and 1 set of winter tires. My summer tires are at the end of life so i am considering to buy a set of All season tires.
I think i can still use my winter tires for atlest 2 winter seasons.
I was at the discount Tires and they suggested me for P7 As for $228 each.
I have no idea how these tires are ( Reviews for these tires online is excellent) Please it comes with 70,000 miles warrenty.

I have checked couple of forums and lots of have adviced about "Michelin PSS" but these tires comes with 45,000 miles warrenty..

My driving skilles are Normal, i dont go for raceing or on Track.. Just a normal driver...

What do u say about P7 ?
Thanks...
Old 05-12-2014, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I do not have experience with the P7 All Season. However I do have a Pirelli All Season tire on my car and have been happy with it.

Now I should not that lots of folks on this forum dislike Pirelli. And quite honestly, my past experience with them 7 years or so ago led me to the same conclusion.

However because of some issues with a change in incentives from when I ordered my car to when it arrived, I was able to get the dealer to put on a set of all season tires when I picked up the vehicle at no cost (and I kept the OEM Pirelli performance tires).

I did have to take the tires they had in stock - which turned out to be Pirelli All Seasons (P6 I believe). Must say I have been pleasantly surprised by them. Perform well, quiet, and the wear seems very good so far

those P7 All Season Plus have absolutely amazing ratings on Tire Rack - probably better than anything in its class so I would not hesitate to buy them.

I am sure you will hear from others who dislike Pirelli - and like I said I used to as well but have been happy with my current Pirelli All Seasons and all those ratings on Tire rack can't be wrong
Old 05-12-2014, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience with pirelli is that they tend to have two kinds of AS tire compounds, soft summer like and rock composite that goes down slow. I would tend to bet that in general, a UTQG higher than 500 with good ratings is a well rounded tire, no pun intended.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I used to feel very negatively about Pirelli, especially the P6 units until I put a set of the new P7 Plus on my 2002 A4, these are really good tires, 6500 miles on them, no measurable wear, quiet, smooth ride and decent handling. I would not hesitate to give these a try,
Old 05-12-2014, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

IMO and experience with various Pirellis? Walk don't run to most anything else.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

As I said I used to run away from Pirelli tires, have been a Michelin owner for most of my 50 years of driving (from original Michelin X) but the new P7 Plus has proven to be an equal or better tire on my older Audi then the Michelin's I had on previously, I would not be afraid to try this particular Pirelli, and only this one, its one of the few tires on Tire Rack that has no real negative comments and I would agree from the experience I have had with this set.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by davidglt66
the new P7 Plus has proven to be an equal or better tire on my older Audi then the Michelin's I had on previously.
So you put Michelin's on after the P7's that you had on previously?
Old 05-13-2014, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

no, I had always used Michelin and tried the new P7 and am very happy with them, equal or better on this car then the Michelin tires. They are worth a try, quiet, smooth ride, good handling. The last Pirelli tires I had were P6 and I was not happy with those.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by davidglt66
As I said I used to run away from Pirelli tires, have been a Michelin owner for most of my 50 years of driving (from original Michelin X) but the new P7 Plus has proven to be an equal or better tire on my older Audi then the Michelin's I had on previously, I would not be afraid to try this particular Pirelli, and only this one, its one of the few tires on Tire Rack that has no real negative comments and I would agree from the experience I have had with this set.
Good to hear they are working out for you. Maybe the P7 is an exception, but after owning at least 4 different Pirellis including more recently, the P6 (which came on my 09 A4) and P-Zero (which came with my A6 and immediately dumped), I'll never buy another one - I've been snake bit with the brand too many times and there are too many other choices out there. I have the Bridgestone RE970AS all seasons which handle as well as the P-Zero summers, are much quieter, good all year with in the NE winter temps and will last about twice as long on my 19" wheels. And unlike all my past Pirellis, they are actually round, which for me is a prerequisite. (Unfortunately, Bridgestone hasn't make them for the OEM 20" wheel).
Old 05-13-2014, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yea Snagit - I used to feel the same about Pirelli's but have come to realize that thinking was wrong.

FWIW - LOTS of people find the P7 great. It is ranked #1 in its class at Tirerack by owners:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=GTAS

Quick Reply: How about Pirelli P7 AS Tires ?