Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

How about Pirelli P7 AS Tires ?

Old 08-09-2014, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Well, we do agree there, we each have our opinions and you won't change my mind. After being burned three times with Pirelli, why would I even want to consider trying them again when there's so many others with with which I've had good luck over the years? Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Bridgestone RE, Continental DWS, Yokohama W-Drive, Dunlop and even General Exclaim to name a few. Any one of those provided a superior experience to the Pirellis.

Keeping an open mind is fine for a second or maybe even a third chance. A fourth chance? Pretty sure that's a no for me.
See, experiences vary as a couple of those you quote, in particular the Continental DWS and General Exclaim, well I would not be buying those again based on poor experience with them. Now I have never gone wrong buying any Michelin tire - probably the only brand I can say that about. But in my own experience, the Pirelli all-seasons have outperformed the Continental DWS and General Exclaim tires I had on my previous vehicle
Old 08-10-2014, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick61
See, experiences vary as a couple of those you quote, in particular the Continental DWS and General Exclaim, well I would not be buying those again based on poor experience with them. Now I have never gone wrong buying any Michelin tire - probably the only brand I can say that about. But in my own experience, the Pirelli all-seasons have outperformed the Continental DWS and General Exclaim tires I had on my previous vehicle
Well, now I'm confused. If you say that Michelin's are the only brand that you've never gone wrong buying, how can it be that any other brand, including your Pirellis, have gone right?
Old 08-10-2014, 03:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Well, now I'm confused. If you say that Michelin's are the only brand that you've never gone wrong buying, how can it be that any other brand, including your Pirellis, have gone right?
Brand vs Model. He's had some good and bad pirellis, but no bad michelins.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by vizwiz
Brand vs Model. He's had some good and bad pirellis, but no bad michelins.
Correct !!!!!

No matter what model Michelin I had on any vehicle, they were always good. that is the only Brand where I have experienced that
Old 08-10-2014, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick61
No matter what model Michelin I had on any vehicle, they were always good. that is the only Brand where I have experienced that
Ok, I believe I've got it now. All of your Michelins were good and one or more of your Pirellis were bad. In my case, all my Michelins were also good but all of my Pirellis were bad. So we're not that far apart in experience.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I personally have had far worse experience with any other brand of tires with the exception of Michelins. Yes, some Michelin tires were not as good as others but they still lasted and did well. They were still smooth and comfortable at the end. I have had more out of round tires from Continentals and Pirellis. I have had terrible ride feel from Bridgestone all seasons and summer tires but their winter tires are phenomenal. Thus. it depends on the tire maker and the product as well as the size tire you are using. It doesn't hurt buy from tire rack and try them out to see how you like them. I prefer to stick with Michelins but sometimes there is exceptions.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The P brand is junk. Wears out fast and NOISY NOISY NOISY!!!
Old 08-21-2014, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

On my 2014 A6 3.0T I had to replace all 4 Conti ProContact OEM tires due to bubbles and then 2 blew out on a big pothole. I replaced them with the Michelin Premier A/S tires. So far so good my first 3,000 miles on them. At least as good as the first ones, and should have a much longer useful life - 60,000 mile warranty, and given their treadwear pattern designed to maintain grip even when tread is worn, I expect I won't want to replace them early, as I have most tires, for safety/performance reasons. I run winter tires November to March, so these could last me over 6 years
Old 03-26-2022, 12:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My experience pathetic on India road check out more detail in below thread. Pirelli Cinturato P7
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/whe.../#post25691717
Old 03-31-2022, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had the displeasure of owning Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires on a few A6's. I swapped a new set on my first A6, then my last 2 A6's came with these when purchased.

I would say that they are ****, and should always be avoided. Compared to the DWS06 (I've owned a couple of sets):
  • Significantly worse handling and feel. They are wobbly and not confidence inspiring.
  • Significantly worse winter performance.
  • Worse tire wear, they lasted me ~10K miles less than the DWS06
You can sometimes find the DWS06's for a decent deal at NTB, though they sell it under the name SureContact RX i believe. Last time I paid ~$1K including alignment, out the door.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How about Pirelli P7 AS Tires ?