Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

I Want My MMI Updated Somehow

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
I've been using iPhones since the 3GS and haven't ever had a BT issue.
I guess you were lucky. iOS8 had widespread well documented Bluetooth issues. There were definitely Audi owners that had issues until about 8.0.2 or 8.0.3 came out. I had an iPhone 3 and then an iPhone 4. It didn't get along with the Bluetooth in my 2007 S4. Got tired of it and switched to my current Windows Phone. It worked great with the S4 and initially with the RS5 as I said until it was updated to WP8.1. The moral of the story is that eventually Bluetooth problems crop up as the car gets older and the phones get newer updates. The iPhone gets more love from Audi now, so it might be the better bet.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Resuscitating this thread with a further question. I just got a call from the dealer indicating my transmission needed an update. Q: does this update mean the MMI will be updated to the current version, or, is this just a one-off. It will take an hour per the service rep.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by hotlips
Resuscitating this thread with a further question. I just got a call from the dealer indicating my transmission needed an update. Q: does this update mean the MMI will be updated to the current version, or, is this just a one-off. It will take an hour per the service rep.
The transmission update has nothing to do with any MMI updates. They are completely separate.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I went in today complaining of being dropped to 2G throughout the day and about my bluetooth not being detected often and was offered the latest MMI update to see if that fixes the issue. 2 hours later, the service tech comes and says I can't proceed to update the MMI without being flagged for TD1 due to my APR tunes
Old 07-23-2015, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

If you're still under warranty, you've only delayed the inevitable. The TD1 will happen the next time the computer phones home to the mother ship.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

How can you tell which version you have?
Old 07-25-2015, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 180 Likes on 160 Posts

Settings/MMI Set-Up (TRH Button) scroll down to the bottom of the menu options and you will see Version Information, select that
Old 07-25-2015, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by John Simcox
Settings/MMI Set-Up (TRH Button) scroll down to the bottom of the menu options and you will see Version Information, select that
Thanks John. My version ends in _p0726.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
If you're still under warranty, you've only delayed the inevitable. The TD1 will happen the next time the computer phones home to the mother ship.
So even though the service adviser didn't perform the update and warned me, the next time I'll be flagged? I was going to get the tune removed in order to prevent the TD1, but if I'm doomed, I suppose I'll just take it in again without removing it (cost $110 to remove/add tune)
Old 07-26-2015, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by sysdaemon
So even though the service adviser didn't perform the update and warned me, the next time I'll be flagged? I was going to get the tune removed in order to prevent the TD1, but if I'm doomed, I suppose I'll just take it in again without removing it (cost $110 to remove/add tune)
Any time your car is in for service they hook it up to the mother ship. If you have a tune, it will be flagged. Also, removing it may not help as previous performance data is usually stored in the ECU and will still report the car was tuned.

A TD1 means you are on the "list" for warranty purposes. If you have a defect and Audi determines the cause can be related to the tune, the warranty for that issue will be void. If you are out of the standard warranty, remember you have an 8 yr/80K emissions warranty that could come into play as well.

Quick Reply: I Want My MMI Updated Somehow