Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

I Want My MMI Updated Somehow

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 10:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Any time your car is in for service they hook it up to the mother ship. If you have a tune, it will be flagged. Also, removing it may not help as previous performance data is usually stored in the ECU and will still report the car was tuned.

A TD1 means you are on the "list" for warranty purposes. If you have a defect and Audi determines the cause can be related to the tune, the warranty for that issue will be void. If you are out of the standard warranty, remember you have an 8 yr/80K emissions warranty that could come into play as well.

Ahh, well I have a 100k warranty from USAA anyways. So seeing as how I'm essentially flagged on my next visit, can they perform the MMI update even if they see I'm flagged? I mean, I don't see how the MMI update can relate to the tune (thought even if flagged, you can get work down as long as the tune didn't adversely effect it). I don't mind if my VAG stuff is erased, that's an easy fix. Thanks for all the input though!
Old 07-26-2015, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by sysdaemon
Ahh, well I have a 100k warranty from USAA anyways. So seeing as how I'm essentially flagged on my next visit, can they perform the MMI update even if they see I'm flagged? I mean, I don't see how the MMI update can relate to the tune (thought even if flagged, you can get work down as long as the tune didn't adversely effect it). I don't mind if my VAG stuff is erased, that's an easy fix. Thanks for all the input though!
I don't see how a TD1 would affect an MMI update.

Check your USAA Extended warranty to see if there are any warranty exceptions for ECU mods. There could be the same power train warranty issue if you are TD1 since I assume they work with Audi dealers for covered repairs.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

not sure if this is too late but i found complaining about random popping noises in the stereo (and giving them TSB 2030465) did the trick. I think what makes this easier than bluetooth or other potential issues is that you cannot reliably replicate this issue and it happens randomly.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Went in to get the updater again today, after 4 hours the service tech comes out and says its been updated and will be pulled up soon (after test drive). Car pulls up, I shake the advisers hand saying thanks and hop in, MMI version the exact same as when I come in (715-2). The invoice paperwork states "performed updates on all MMI modules to the most current available.." I was so mad, why did I wait 4 hours for nothing:/
Old 08-03-2015, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any Canadian owners have success getting their MMI Updated? I am on HN+R_US_AU_P0487.

We don't have audi connect so no 3g in our cars here.

Oddly enough i don't have my house in the maps either i will be calling to find out how much to update those as well.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Just had my A6 in for the 35K service. I told my service advisor my wife's (imaginary) Windows phone was not pairing. After we did the wink wink back and forth and I provided the TSB 2030465/7, they updated my MMI from 0715-2 to 0814 - no muss, no fuss. I have a great relationship with my dealer so he just needed some appropriate excuse to cover the update (my second one) under warranty so they get reimbursed by Audi.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guess if you are out of warranty, no go on upgrade of mmi, have 0715-2...
Old 08-13-2015, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mannya4
Guess if you are out of warranty, no go on upgrade of mmi, have 0715-2...
I guess you could pay to have it done but unless you have an issue, I'm not sure there is anything in 0814 vs 0715-2 that's earthshaking or worth forking over cash for it.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I guess you could pay to have it done but unless you have an issue, I'm not sure there is anything in 0814 vs 0715-2 that's earthshaking or worth forking over cash for it.
Thanks snagit....that's what I figure, not much of a change...
My dealer gave me a loaner, 2016 A6 3.0.... Sweet ride, 333 hp, and love the google map can now be in the dash...and the dual USB!
Old 08-15-2015, 11:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Good Dealership

Just had my A6 in for the 35K service. I told my service advisor my wife's (imaginary) Windows phone was not pairing. After we did the wink wink back and forth and I provided the TSB 2030465/7, they updated my MMI from 0715-2 to 0814 - no muss, no fuss. I have a great relationship with my dealer so he just needed some appropriate excuse to cover the update (my second one) under warranty so they get reimbursed by Audi.
That's a good dealership. Mine here in NH would not update my MMI which is version 4**.
They said that they didn't have the SD cards for updates and that they were expensive and they would have to order them just for me which they did not want to do.

Quick Reply: I Want My MMI Updated Somehow