Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

I Want My MMI Updated Somehow

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We're getting off topic, but maybe can wrap that part up with this post: Usually the CPO would be considered primary (as the OEM definitely does), but realistically, if they don't know you have the CPO and your deductible is lower on the Fidelity plan, you probably could submit under either. I've had lots of problems with my A6 (needed new engine at 73K or so) and I really wish I had an extended warranty. If you have a pretty well loaded car, as it seems you do, there's tons of stuff that could break. I went with the $250 plan because I'm trying to avoid the many thousands of dollars varying issues could cost on a loaded S6. I haven't fixed the adaptive headlight problem on my A6 since it's fine that the lights are straight, but there's an indicator light in the middle of the dash that blinks and is annoying as hell. Wouldn't have that issue had I had the warranty.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took my 2013 Audi A6 into the dealer on Monday. Told them that my navigation system is intermittently showing 0 satellites and shows the car in the wrong area. I believe there is a TSB for this somewhere as they gave me a new MMI, module 5f and the software is at 814. Now my AT&T SIM card connects at 3G
Old 10-09-2015, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdskiman521
Took my 2013 Audi A6 into the dealer on Monday. Told them that my navigation system is intermittently showing 0 satellites and shows the car in the wrong area. I believe there is a TSB for this somewhere as they gave me a new MMI, module 5f and the software is at 814. Now my AT&T SIM card connects at 3G
Where are you located? I might ask about the module 5f when I go in next as there seems to be a faster connection, although I'm not sure I'll see that much of a difference in Dallas. That said, I'll always be able to switch to AT&T if I want to jump off free T-Mobile
Old 10-09-2015, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Update on TSB

I'm in Maryland in the DC metro area.

BTW, TSB in my case is 2040406. Something about MMI Navigation Location Inaccurate or Navigation Takes a very long time to acquire location.

Still have my music but had to set all of my radio settings and presets.

This new system boots up very fast, I would guess 3 times faster.

Last edited by mdskiman521; 10-09-2015 at 11:08 AM. Reason: updated tsb
Old 10-09-2015, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Re that TSB, dealers will most likely be required to verify the problem before performing a 5F module replacement under warranty.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it not easier to buy the MMI Cd and do the update ourselves? I've seen a video on youtube of the same..
Old 10-13-2015, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by schalliol
While we're at it, does someone here have or can point to a post that lists all the US MMI versions by aprox date they became available? I know on my C6, I also pointed to phone issues that got the dealer to update given the update had fixes. I didn't get a ton of improvements, but there were some beyond compatibility, including an addition of elevation info in the nav. Thanks!
Here is a list of MMI versions and other data - no dates but about the most information on the MMI.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi_Media_Interface
Old 10-15-2015, 06:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Fyi, I live in an area where I am not eligible to get the module and 814 update, so I spoke with an aoa rep and explained to them that I travel in and out of the affected areas, so my navigation gets locked at 2g rather than 3g quite often. I also mentioned the fact my wife's good ol windows phone has pairing issues. Long story short, I got a phone call maybe 20 mins ago from that aoa rep saying they are sending me an approval letter to take my 12' 3.0T prestige w/ 56k miles to any audi dealership for both the software and hardware updates for no charge. Yay =) the letter should arrive next week
Old 10-15-2015, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sysdaemon
Fyi, I live in an area where I am not eligible to get the module and 814 update, so I spoke with an aoa rep and explained to them that I travel in and out of the affected areas, so my navigation gets locked at 2g rather than 3g quite often. I also mentioned the fact my wife's good ol windows phone has pairing issues. Long story short, I got a phone call maybe 20 mins ago from that aoa rep saying they are sending me an approval letter to take my 12' 3.0T prestige w/ 56k miles to any audi dealership for both the software and hardware updates for no charge. Yay =) the letter should arrive next week
Very Nice! I will be giving AOA a call to try and replicate your success. Thanks for sharing
Old 10-15-2015, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Be sure the dealer you choose has the part and procedure.

Quick Reply: I Want My MMI Updated Somehow