Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Ideas on how to use $500 dealership card?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ideas on how to use $500 dealership card?

I received a replacement $500 Audi dealership card this week. It expires April, 2017, and I am struggling to find a good use for the card. Would love some ideas.

Initially, I thought Audi dealers may sell the VAGCOM, but I couldn't find any. The only other idea I have is to replace the battery since it's around two years old. Since the car isn't used on the weekdays, might be worthwhile replace it? I not thrilled with the OEM Goodyear tires, but there is plenty left in them (and I would have to spend out of pocket $$).
Old 02-19-2017, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can probably use it to get accessories (couple it with the 10% off coupons they end to have) - cups that actually fit the cup holders, mats, wheel locks, etc.

Otherwise I would go for tires if they are competitive - if you are unhappy with what you have at least you get about half paid with the card. This is assuming you have no services that could be scheduled.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought Audi care for my A6. Gambling on VW's ability to get an approved repair for the 3L diesel.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Take a look at the Audi Collection on line catalog
Audi Collection Home
Old 02-19-2017, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gtidriver
I received a replacement $500 Audi dealership card this week. It expires April, 2017, and I am struggling to find a good use for the card. Would love some ideas.

Initially, I thought Audi dealers may sell the VAGCOM, but I couldn't find any. The only other idea I have is to replace the battery since it's around two years old. Since the car isn't used on the weekdays, might be worthwhile replace it? I not thrilled with the OEM Goodyear tires, but there is plenty left in them (and I would have to spend out of pocket $$).
Get the door lights that project the audi logo on the ground when you open the doors. Its really cool.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you all! tenspeed -- I didn't even realize that site existed!
Old 02-19-2017, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I put mine towards new tires. (DWS 06) Dealer is storing them for me until I need them in 3-5k miles.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by gtidriver

How were you able to get a replacement card? I tried to get a replacement card and Audi said no.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We bought a pair of winter mats and the dealer applied the balance to our account as a credit toward future purchases.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
How were you able to get a replacement card? I tried to get a replacement card and Audi said no.
The company that issues the cards allows for a replacement with $5 fee against the balance on the card. Unfortunately you have to do so prior to the card expiring.

Quick Reply: Ideas on how to use $500 dealership card?