Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Improvements needed in A6

Old 03-28-2015, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

"3 The heated and ventilated seats are uncomfortable because the seat bottom is too narrow and the thigh bolsters are too hard. Audi would do better to design the best seat they can and then implement it. I believe that the seats in the S6/7 are far superior but they sell the A6 as a luxury car that does not come with commensurate seats."

There have been a fair amount of comments on the A6 seats on this forum, and most of it as I recall (of those who cared enough to respond) is similar to the above. I am on my 2nd A6, and while I appreciated the addition of the ventilated seats, I really wish they would have upgraded the seats to something nicer. For a car with a $65k sticker, you would think you would get better seats. I would characterize them as mediocre.
I do a lot of 300 to 500 mile per day drives.
Now, the seats in the A8 are unbelievable by comparison, but I don't think you should have to spend $80 - $100K to get seats that nice....
Old 03-30-2015, 12:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the new tt series has whats called 'virtual cockpit' and it looks fantastic. its takes the place of the conventional display and is highly configurable. you should do a search on youtube for a demonstration. its the best in the world at the moment in my opinion and audi says its going to migrate to other models.

fast forward to 3.40
Old 03-30-2015, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Having watched numerous videos of the TT display I get the impression that it is not configurable but is only selectable. It appears to offer about the same as we have now but substituting the MMI display with the main cockpit display. It does this by reducing the size of the RPM's and the MPH allowing for the remaining area to be used for the various optional graphics but you still cannot display the ACC/lane markers in addition to the lap timer in addition to the radio data etc..
For example, I want to choose "Trip Computer" then size it and then position it. I then want to choose "Radio" and then size it and position it. You could then fill the space available with exactly what you want then save it as "Display 1" and then create more displays by saving your creations. Obviously, some of the displays will have a minimum size and therefore you may not be able to get all that you want in one setting but if I had to switch between 2 or 3 settings then it would still be a lot easier than having to scroll through each individual available option as we have to do now and, as it seems, you still have to do with the TT.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

The TT display almost appears to be heading in the wrong direction in that they are cramming everything into one screen that we have now in two. For example, if you want to see a large map, it will be at the expense of most other functions. So, we are back to flipping through multiple screens, perhaps even more so than we have today.

I think a combination of two fully configurable screens with the new data, one the DIS and the other the large screen we have now, would be ideal. This would allow the most user preferred data to be displayed at one time between them. We could have a large map on the larger one and full infotainment on the other mixed in with other data as desired like the full ACC display, etc.. The only other solution I see would be to have that (unsightly, imo) monster screen as found in the Tesla with their standard speedo/tach arrangement.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The seats suck! I am never comfortable even on short rides. I just rented a VW Passat and put a 1000 miles on it in 3 days. It had the fake leather seats and limited adjustment options and was much more comfortable than the A6. I hate my Prestige seats.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'd like an option to not re-read in the phone contacts for a particular trip -- or be able to use the last set of contacts to get going and start navigating, then update along the way.

It would also help to have the ability to choose which source it will read for contacts, as some of us have regular phone contacts as well as a separate business contact software on the phone. The car reads in both.

Using my phone in business, I have over 800 entries. It can take an irritating amount of time (several minutes) for the system to read the phone contacts and then be ready to navigate.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by James517
I'd like an option to not re-read in the phone contacts for a particular trip -- or be able to use the last set of contacts to get going and start navigating, then update along the way.

It would also help to have the ability to choose which source it will read for contacts, as some of us have regular phone contacts as well as a separate business contact software on the phone. The car reads in both.

Using my phone in business, I have over 800 entries. It can take an irritating amount of time (several minutes) for the system to read the phone contacts and then be ready to navigate.
It could easily download your phone contacts and store them in the car. Every time that you then run the car the contacts would immediately be available. Subsequent changes to your phone contacts could be updated in the car as a background task.

Why is it that car electronics is 10 years behind everything else? The GUI in the TT is non flexible, non configurable and would never ever be considered in todays user interfaces.