Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Intermittent Audi Connect

Old 09-29-2016, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Intermittent Audi Connect

I have a 2013 A6 with US Mobile using the T-Mobile 3G network working fine with Audi Connect for over a year.

I've been having intermittent tissues since last Saturday with Audi Connect. About nine times out of ten tries, I get the "cannot connect to the internet" or ""this page is not available", or words to that effect. Today, while trying to repeatedly connect, I noticed a one-time message that said something like "dear user we are updating the service with new features. We appreciate your patience".

I see that the MMI is on 3G and is trying to access the AC services. I've tried all the usual stuff like reinserting the sim, rebooting the MMI and re-checking all my settings. I even called US Mobile who tell me they can see that my sim is working and is accessing the internet.

I tried calling the dedicated Audi Connect number and was on hold for quite awhile. As expected, they tell me that there are no AC updates in progress for the 2013 A6, they are not blocking third party providers, with the usual "not recommended", and went through all of the setting questions I had already checked. Other than, that take it to the dealer.

Has anyone else recently been experiencing AC connectivity issues after it was working fine?

Last edited by snagitseven; 10-03-2016 at 04:39 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YES! This has been happening for me for a few weeks now or so. I thought it was just me or maybe my SIM going crazy. Wonder what's going on??

2015 A6 3.0T Prestige
Old 09-29-2016, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Raiden256
YES! This has been happening for me for a few weeks now or so. I thought it was just me or maybe my SIM going crazy. Wonder what's going on??

2015 A6 3.0T Prestige
For me it's just been a few days. The AC Service Center told me nothing is going on in their end. I may try to reset everything in my MMI. Hate to lose all my data and settings but I might have no choice but to try it.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

I wouldn't put much faith in the customer support center. These things are done in Germany. The whole AC infrastructure is managed and run from Germany. The US customer support folks seem to be the last ones to find out if there are upgrades being performed.

Having said that, I actually haven't driven much in the last two months, but I used the system yesterday. Looked up a place on my phone, sent it to the car and pulled it up in the MMI. Worked as always, but as I said that's the first time I had used it in the last two months, so not the best reference.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I agree that the AC service number was probably going to be a waste of time but I had to give it a try. The rep did go talk to a supervisor (undoubtedly also clueless) who supposedly checked to see if an update was in progress.

Interestingly, I noticed that Google Earth seems to be working fine but that probably is a result of cached data since it was near my home where I used it last. Second, the Google Earth logo and images came up immediately with no delay as if it was preloaded before it was selected from the menu. Never noticed that before - there was always a delay as it loaded in. Also could be because it defaulted to the cache because it couldn't connect to the server.

My next step is to try a replacement sim card from US Mobile. If that doesn't work, I'll do a complete reset of the MMI. Failing that, I'll be at the mercy of the dealer out of warranty. FWIW, all radios, bluetooth phone and GPS are working fine so I doubt it's an antenna issue.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just checked mine - 2012 A6 Prestige with US Mobile SIM. Everything works as normal - weather, gas, news, etc. I had an issue about 2 weeks ago and there was an issue on US Mobile's end - they did not properly credit my time/payment/data allotment and I ran out for some reason. One call and they fixed it and I've been OK since. Hope you resolve the issue soon.

Also, as previous poster, I too cannot send a Google destination to my car. Does it have to do something with having US Mobile and not the Audi T-mobile account?

Last edited by SSA6; 09-30-2016 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SSA6
Also, as previous poster, I too cannot send a Google destination to my car. Does it have to do something with having US Mobile and not the Audi T-mobile account?
It seems that if you never had an Audi Connect plan, the send to car feature is not available. I had the AC T-Mo 30 month plan where I got my PIN before they switched to the new myAudi website, then switched to US Mobile so the send to car still worked for me. (At least it did until recently when my connection went south).
Old 09-30-2016, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the insight Snag. I too like you had the AC-t-mobile 30 month plan. I can't say for sure when the send to car stopped working - since I haven't tried it in quite some time.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SSA6
Thanks for the insight Snag. I too like you had the AC-t-mobile 30 month plan. I can't say for sure when the send to car stopped working - since I haven't tried it in quite some time.
I seem to recall after the new myAudi website was implemented, I had to go back in and reregister my A6 to get a new PIN.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

I "learned" / found something interesting when trying to get my AC with US Mobile to work. My myAudi site is functioning properly and the PIN is inputted into my 2012 A6 Prestige (MMI ver 715). I can send destinations to my car too from Google Maps.

On my Samsung S4 when I have the "wireless" turned on I cannot connect to AudiConnect in the car. The car tries but AC never opens on the MMI screen.

If I turn off my S4 wireless then AC opens without a hitch -weather, news, etc and even destinations from my myAudi account are received and can be opened.

It also doesn't matter if I'm using the standard or Google maps setting (having the Google icon in the lower right side of the map display.)

So for me I need to keep my S4 cell phone's wireless setting OFF and then AC functions perfectly. Maybe the cell phone's wireless causes a conflict? Weird huh? Something to try for others with intermittent issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intermittent Audi Connect