Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Injen intake installed...Awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Injen intake installed...Awesome!

Ordered the Injen intake for the A7. Installed this morning. Fits perfectly and extremely well made product. Overall, incredible. Quiet under normal driving - sounds basically the same as the stock airbox. Cannot hear the supercharger at all on the highway.

However! It sounds simply AWESOME under boost. Was also quite surprised at the power gains in the higher RPM range. Definitely a significant gain on the butt dyno. Supercharger and whoosh sound not overwhelming at all, just perfect. VERY happy with this mod.

The installation took about 20 minutes. They recommend keeping the stock airbox, but I pulled everything out thinking it would get more air that way. I may try it with the airbox to see if there is a difference in sound or performance.Only issues is the lack of a heat shield with the setup as is. I am trying to fix that :-)

The Stasis ECU combined with this mod, my car is ridiculously fast. Cannot believe the difference!

In the vid I take off slow to 4th. Then drop to second and accelerate hard.
Attached Images  

Last edited by sgroer; 02-17-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice. I was always a fan of cold air intakes.... however, on my last two 4th Gen TLs, I had to get a Short Ram, and honestly... it robbed me of power. it gave low end tq, at the cost of high end power....

Granted, it was a NA 3.7L V6, mated with a 5spd auto.... but somehow, it turn me off from short ram intakes. Would love to see dyno sheets, preferably on a stock A6/A7

does sound pretty though!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by at1183
Nice. I was always a fan of cold air intakes.... however, on my last two 4th Gen TLs, I had to get a Short Ram, and honestly... it robbed me of power. it gave low end tq, at the cost of high end power....

Granted, it was a NA 3.7L V6, mated with a 5spd auto.... but somehow, it turn me off from short ram intakes. Would love to see dyno sheets, preferably on a stock A6/A7

does sound pretty though!
From this thread which was a stock B8 S4 and then with the intake.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...and-experience

Old 02-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Niceee
Old 02-18-2013, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
Ordered the Injen intake for the A7. Installed this morning. Fits perfectly and extremely well made product. Overall, incredible. Quiet under normal driving - sounds basically the same as the stock airbox. Cannot hear the supercharger at all on the highway.

However! It sounds simply AWESOME under boost. Was also quite surprised at the power gains in the higher RPM range. Definitely a significant gain on the butt dyno. Supercharger and whoosh sound not overwhelming at all, just perfect. VERY happy with this mod.

The installation took about 20 minutes. They recommend keeping the stock airbox, but I pulled everything out thinking it would get more air that way. I may try it with the airbox to see if there is a difference in sound or performance.Only issues is the lack of a heat shield with the setup as is. I am trying to fix that :-)

The Stasis ECU combined with this mod, my car is ridiculously fast. Cannot believe the difference!

In the vid I take off slow to 4th. Then drop to second and accelerate hard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=uh4CQQwgXXE
Where did you get it done at?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This looks sharp! Check out what I had done a few weeks ago...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2841114

I kept the airbox in and the gains were pretty impressive. I am going to get it powdercoated when I get my 20" Audi rims powder coated next week.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 3rdAudinarow
This looks sharp! Check out what I had done a few weeks ago...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2841114

I kept the airbox in and the gains were pretty impressive. I am going to get it powdercoated when I get my 20" Audi rims powder coated next week.
Hey man why did you decide to keep the air box? To keep the filter cleaner? I am looking a maybe getting one of the hydroshields for that purpose.
Did you try it with and or without air box? If you did does it makes less noise with it? Thanks
Old 03-31-2013, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You will get heat soak without the air box. It was fine in cold weather but I began to feel power loss when the weather got warmer. I guess I should have mentioned that in my Pm to you :-)

Last edited by sgroer; 04-01-2013 at 04:29 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sgroer
You will get heat soak with the air box. It was fine in cold weather but I began to feel power loss when the weather got warmer. I guess I should have mentioned that in my Pm to you :-)
No worries I understood your PM, I guess you should clarify here you meant you had power loss problems due to heat WITHOUT the box not with it.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by feralc
No worries I understood your PM, I guess you should clarify here you meant you had power loss problems due to heat WITHOUT the box not with it.
Fixed. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Injen intake installed...Awesome!