Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Injen intake installed...Awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am curious where people have ordered their intakes from
Old 05-06-2013, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick61
Buy Sicklers below who just posted. The Chrome pipe sounds nice. Mine is not. I think E-bay has this brand, or do a search on google. Me personaly, I picked mine up from Sgroer when he parted out his A6.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Maverick61
I got mine from here.

http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/sp3085.html

All the PMs I've received all asked the same question; why am I selling it. I've got a buddy who wants to try his hand at something more custom. I don't know what that looks like now, but I'm sure it will be much like what we've seen from others on the board. It'll be free so why not get something back for what I already purchased.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NVThs1
Buy Sicklers below who just posted. The Chrome pipe sounds nice. Mine is not. I think E-bay has this brand, or do a search on google. Me personaly, I picked mine up from Sgroer when he parted out his A6.
Hi I am in australia and I got mine from the USA from ultrarev website $300 delivered which i thought was very good value and it turned up quckly and no problems. I got wrinkle black and it looks real good in the car. Took it in to the audi dealer yesterday as they wanted to have a look at it, mine is the only car they have seen with the exhaust and now the intake. Because of the price of the car over hear (more than double US) most people that buy them are not the kind of people that look to make any mods. The audi guys loved it
Old 05-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NVThs1
+1. I threw mine on this weekend. Easy to do, and it really seems to wake up the supercharger from a sound aspect. I too have the Stasis exahust so the car is feeling alive. Now I need the ECU and I think my performance modding will be set for a while.
Yeah the sound is great did you insulate around the opening on the box? Question for you i note you have the HR springs how has this effected the ride and how much did you lower it? I am also thinking about the ECU upgrade but the audi warranty issue is of concern as they told me here very clearly that if i did that the warranty would be voided.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for the purchasing info
Old 05-07-2013, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gemunji
Yeah the sound is great did you insulate around the opening on the box? Question for you i note you have the HR springs how has this effected the ride and how much did you lower it? I am also thinking about the ECU upgrade but the audi warranty issue is of concern as they told me here very clearly that if i did that the warranty would be voided.
I shot you a PM, but the short answer is no, I have not insulated the box yet. I left the box on to avoid heat soak that others have explained, but I didn't do the finish work yet.

As for the H&R springs, I got about a 1" drop. I don't regret this one bit. I can feel it every now and again, but not sure if that is the transition back to my 20"s coupled with the springs or just the springs. They feel good overall and I was scared it would be far worse. I would get them if you like modding the car.

As for the ECU, you get warranties from Stasis which help cover what their product voids from the manufacturer. My dealer is a Stasis dealer so I feel it goes hand in hand. I figure if the dealer is willing to sell the product, it can't be that faulty.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

This mod sounds good Questions: Since more air is being forced, will it lean the fuel out and create a CEL?

Also, will the dealer give me a hard time when bringing in the car just for regular maintenance? possible TD1
Old 12-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Banned

Its not more air. The motor can only take in a certain amount of air, regardless of the intake system. Its just not sucking as hard to get the air.

Warranty issues are non-existent in this day and age. Legally the dealers and manufacturers know that they cannot void anything for using aftermarket parts. We are protected by the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

brother, you are grossly overstating the MMWA, and people seem to forget that if you want to wage that fight, you better have some coin ready for the legal battle that might ensue. There are dealers shutting warranty claims down left and right because of aftermarket parts. There are a number of things MMWA was drafted to address, but one of them was not the replacement of stock parts with performance parts that potentially push the performance of the vehicle beyond the manufacturer's established parameters. For the vast majority of aftermarket performance parts installed on vehicles, MMWA has no bearing.

Quick Reply: Injen intake installed...Awesome!