Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 257705

Default Interior trim swap tips?

Has anyone successfully swapped the interior trim without causing any damage to the trim or surrounding plastic? I am looking to swap my cheap looking gloss walnut trim to the fine grain ash, but can't seem to find any details on removing the dash trim or the center console trim safely. The door trim looks pretty simple if I can jam a tool in the tiny gaps the Audi engineers have left for us, but the dash looks trim looks airtight.
jayz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 237153

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayz28 View Post
Has anyone successfully swapped the interior trim without causing any damage to the trim or surrounding plastic? I am looking to swap my cheap looking gloss walnut trim to the fine grain ash, but can't seem to find any details on removing the dash trim or the center console trim safely. The door trim looks pretty simple if I can jam a tool in the tiny gaps the Audi engineers have left for us, but the dash looks trim looks airtight.
I am planning to do this if I can get new trim parts. The front door trim is really easy. The rear trim has a weird tab that holds it in, which requires some extra jiggling. I broke the tab because I was pushing on it with a screwdriver. Anyway it didn't affect it fitting back on.

For the dash trim, there's some bolts to undo before you can pry it off. And the center console trim actually requires detaching the entire console. If you PM me I can send you some pics but I will be more help once I have actually done it
ptpro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 98320

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayz28 View Post
I am looking to swap my cheap looking gloss walnut trim to the fine grain ash.
I am happy that I have the rich lookig dark walnut trim instead of that cheap-o looking fine grain ash trim. A they say "one man's......."
irenesbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
Audiworld Basic Sponsor
Account #: 207873

I would highly suggest a trim removal kit. All the pieces are plastic which will not damage your interior. I've been using this for a while and it's a life saver.

Click HERE to order or for more information

Jason
Have questions need answers now? Live Chat! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com |customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM EST
Reach our Sales Team from: 8:30 to Midnight EST 800.924.5172
Facebook | YouTube
OEM Audi Part Number Search with Pricing - Price shop us!
ECS Tuning-Audi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 255435

Quote:
Originally Posted by irenesbob View Post
I am happy that I have the rich lookig dark walnut trim instead of that cheap-o looking fine grain ash trim. A they say "one man's......."
I am actually complete opposite. To me, the fine ash grain looks a lot more better and rich than the shiny fake looking dark walnut. Well, to each his own.
gogo_vs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #6
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 166763

The wifey likes the shiny ****...I like the the ash. My only complaint is that you don't see it at night with the black interior as much as you would the walnut.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:52 PM   #7
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 98320

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo_vs View Post
I am actually complete opposite. To me, the fine ash grain looks a lot more better and rich than the shiny fake looking dark walnut. Well, to each his own.
I strongly believe to each his own. I only posted in reaction to the OP's rather opinionated statement: "I am looking to swap my cheap looking gloss walnut trim to the fine grain ash". I was trying to suggest to the OP your exact point. Any of the Audi trim finishes is fine by me - I can live with them all. I just wish the OP had said something like "I am not a fan of the dark walnut and am looking to replace it with the fine grain ash" - less insulting to others' tastes IMO.
irenesbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:38 PM   #8
Banned
Account #: 267421

I like the Walnut better. Always have. Had Burl in multiple other cars too. Either both the Walnut and Ash look worlds better than the layered Oak. That looks cheap as hell.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:28 AM   #9
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 273803

Not sure about the packages in the US, but here in Canada, S-line trim (I think you guys call it sport package ) comes with brushed aluminum trim ... Which when combined with black leather is orgasm worthy. Seriously, it looks so awesome
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (64.7 KB, 245 views)
Superfly_A6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:55 AM   #10
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 124271

Send a message via Skype™ to lmbatts

The brushed aluminum dents very easily. I swapped my Brushed aluminum with carbon fiber and did it myself. I posted pictures and how it was done on a thread last year. What are u looking to change to? I wouldnt recommend the aluminum because of the dent issue.
Wanted upgrade - GIAC chip tune

VAG COM - Needle Sweep/ remote Windows/AUX Heat/Green Menu/S6 Splash Screen/Gear Selection View/ Video in Motion

Previous
2008 Audi Q7 Prestige SLine 4.2
2006 Audi A6 Premium Sline 4.2
2006 Audi A3 Premium
2002 Laguna Sega Blue M3
1999 Audi A6 2.8
lmbatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement