Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Jack PAD Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Jack PAD Adapter

Bought one these back in Sept off E-bay for $14.00 and I finally used it over the weekend to install my snow tires and I was very happy with how well it worked. I know from reading this forum people have used pieces of wood and hockey pucks cut in half but I figured I would share my experience for those that might not want to go that route. Highly recommended!
Old 11-23-2015, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1. I also have one and it is great. I could have saved money and made one, but for the cost, it was worth it just to have one made for me. I use it all the time.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmmm i am contemplating doing wheels myself this weekend. With a rubberized jack will i damage the undersize in any way?

In canada i have a hard time finding a jack that will take the reverse logic pinned adapter...

thoughts?
Old 11-25-2015, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porksoda
hmmm i am contemplating doing wheels myself this weekend. With a rubberized jack will i damage the undersize in any way?

In canada i have a hard time finding a jack that will take the reverse logic pinned adapter...

thoughts?
Reverse Logic also makes one that's not pinned (has a flat bottom).
Jack Pad Tools for Audi R8, Mk2 TT, S5, S6, S7, S8, RS5

I have two of them, and they work great.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tman007
Reverse Logic also makes one that's not pinned (has a flat bottom).
Jack Pad Tools for Audi R8, Mk2 TT, S5, S6, S7, S8, RS5

I have two of them, and they work great.
thanks. I saw that one as well... i am not sure if my jack will take the "puck" so i am going to shops to look at new jacks.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just an update i did change my wheels to winter... my ancient jack worked just fine. I ended up using a piece of wood, which cracked so i switched to MDF and it held up nicely. I may just not bother with this insert as it involves me buying a new jack.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DanfZX14

Bought one these back in Sept off E-bay for $14.00 and I finally used it over the weekend to install my snow tires and I was very happy with how well it worked. I know from reading this forum people have used pieces of wood and hockey pucks cut in half but I figured I would share my experience for those that might not want to go that route. Highly recommended!
++1. I bought two in bright red! Love them. Fit nicely into the factory indentations in the rocker panels. Much better than hockey pucks. Did not see the point of the solid metal at twice the cost. VERY tough and heavy urethane - no marks or dents after repeated use. Also highly recommended.

PS: Costco has upgraded their jack to 3 ton, hybrid alu and steel, very low reach, 59 pounds. a steal at $99
Old 11-30-2015, 06:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you happened to have a web link to the Costco's jack?
Thank you
Old 11-30-2015, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ihorc
Would you happened to have a web link to the Costco's jack?
Thank you
You should also check out Harbor Freight, they have a very nice light aluminum jack (weighs 32 lbs) that lifts 1.5 Tons (3,000 pounds) and costs 60-bucks. Look in any Auto Magazine, Car&Driver, Road&Track, etc for their ad with a 20% off coupon--Final Price $48.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dicktahoe
You should also check out Harbor Freight, they have a very nice light aluminum jack (weighs 32 lbs) that lifts 1.5 Tons (3,000 pounds) and costs 60-bucks. Look in any Auto Magazine, Car&Driver, Road&Track, etc for their ad with a 20% off coupon--Final Price $48.
I have the Harbor Freight one. Works like a champ. Lifts my A6, my Q5 and even my Pathfinder. However I also have the low profile so I need some help lifting the SUV's. Makes life so easy.

Quick Reply: Jack PAD Adapter