Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Just added Eurocode sways and links--WOW

Old 05-30-2016, 03:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just added Eurocode sways and links--WOW

I brought my A6 3.0 S-Line to Eurocode this weekend and had their swaybars and endlinks installed. Luckily my install coincided with their Memorial Weekend sale, so got the parts on sale. Total with 3 hrs labor was ~$1130 (plus tax). The upgrade made a lot of difference. I spent three hours this afternoon in the canyons above Malibu.... wow, so much fun. The car is now so flat in the corners, almost tossable. The weight transfers from rapid zig-zag turns are much more stable and undramatic now. Noticeably less understeer. In Sport mode, with dynamic settings (and Pirelli P-Zero summers), the car is fast, powerful up the hills, and maintains a gratifyingly high rev going down hills without upshifting. I could wish for a more agressive exhaust note, but that mod could be for another day. I also bought the Alu Kreuz, which is back ordered, and that will add even more structural rigidity and sharpness in handling. A6 3.0 Sport with suspension mods is the poor man's S6.

One question... can somone explain the difference between A6 with sport suspension and the basic S6 suspension? If I'm not mistaken, the Eurocode mods I have are for all C7 types, so what I got would be an upgrade for S6 as well? I'm guessing springs and shocks are stiffer, but not sure.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Although the S6 has adjustable air suspension vs the standard fixed suspension of the A6, my experience having driven both back to back was the S6 in dynamic suspension mode was generally similar to the A6 with the sport package. I believe both use the same thicker ARBs over the non-sport A6. I didn't notice much difference in ride comfort with the lowered setting of the S6. Neither was pushed very hard in the corners when evaluating the two and I suspect if the S6 had the rear sport differential, it would be better planted than the A6 sport.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic upgrade and a lot of bang for the buck. Will be interested to hear if the AK adds further improvement!

You may want to consider Eurocode's differential and trans mount package (no affiliation) when you go back to do the AK. These are inexpensive parts and while you'll spend some money for labor to install them, I think it will further add to your enjoyment of the car. They really firm up the drivetrain and help get the power down more efficiently with smoother shifting in Dynamic mode.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

The sway bars make a huge improvement in the car.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Eurocode has nothing on their website about this. Anyone with a link?
Old 05-31-2016, 02:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfly_A6
Eurocode has nothing on their website about this. Anyone with a link?
Really?

EuroCode Tuning ÜSS Adjustable Sway Bar Set (F&R) A6/S6/RS6/A7/S7/RS7 EuroCode Tuning
Old 05-31-2016, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are the Eurocode diff and trans mounts:

EuroCode Billet Aluminum Transmisson / Differential Mount Bundle C7 - Differential - Drivetrain - Quattro - 3.0TFSI V6 - C7 (2012+) - A6 - Audi EuroCode Tuning
Old 05-31-2016, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

OP:
Did you notice any NVH increase after installing these mods?
I feel like everytime I get a nee car, I promise myself that I'm not going down this road again, keep it stock stupid! Then something like this post pops up and I'm tempted to jump after something that I think will improve handling/power. The downside is that I sometimes regret the mod because it decreases livability of a daily driver.

How did this mod affect yours?
Old 06-01-2016, 12:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Superfly_A6
OP:
Did you notice any NVH increase after installing these mods?
I feel like everytime I get a nee car, I promise myself that I'm not going down this road again, keep it stock stupid! Then something like this post pops up and I'm tempted to jump after something that I think will improve handling/power. The downside is that I sometimes regret the mod because it decreases livability of a daily driver.

How did this mod affect yours?
Assume you are referring to Noise, Vibration and Harshness. No, I have not noticed any drivability penalties with this mod. I like the comfort, compliance and smoothness of the stock sport suspension and doubt I will get coilovers or springs or anything like that. The only time you notice this mod is when you are throwing it spiritedly into a corner. The car stays flat, does not dive or lurch, less of the nose-heavy understeer feeling. It's all blue sky with this mod... very pleased I did it. Now to add the AK...
Old 06-01-2016, 02:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 4.2 Dreamer
Here are the Eurocode diff and trans mounts:

There's also these which have received good reviews:

https://store.034motorsport.com/034m...-aluminum.html

Last edited by snagitseven; 06-01-2016 at 02:24 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just added Eurocode sways and links--WOW