Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

LED cabin lighting

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED cabin lighting

Hello. I installed the original LED cabin lighting.It does not work as it should. after opening the door does not light up. lighting the rear cabin of the control panel is not working. Does anybody know how to do it?
Attached Images  
Old 06-11-2015, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MaciejTFSI
Hello. I installed the original LED cabin lighting.It does not work as it should. after opening the door does not light up. lighting the rear cabin of the control panel is not working. Does anybody know how to do it?
If everything is truly setup correctly hardware/wires wise, then I would assume a VAG-COM adjustment?? (Don't know if you swapping out a regular light bulb unit with a LED or what?) I would say its weird for a cabin light to go through the cars' computer, but we are talking about VW methods of German Engineering.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Start with the basics and check for power. You may have blown a fuse during installation.

Some vehicles have 12VDC on all the time and switching comes from the ground (earth) side. That allows for door closed dimming and full power reading lamps from the same bulb since they have two ground wires.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default LED cabin

plugs are different.They have more PIN. therefore, probably not everything works. maybe some sort of adaptation? I have VCDS.

I have a normal cabin lighting but wants to have LED original
Old 06-12-2015, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

plugs are different.They have more PIN. therefore, probably not everything works. maybe some sort of adaptation? I have VCDS.

I have a normal cabin lighting but wants to have LED original
The more pins for for the LED unit is for controlling the rear lights from the front. Maybe you have to replace the rear ones too? I'm curious how yours will turn out since I am considering doing the same.

Where did you purchase your unit? Thanks
Old 06-12-2015, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default led cabin

I paid for everything that is 650PLN $ 180 yours.

I plugged everything (LEDs front) rear LEDs

It does not work when you open the door, and when you open the car.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default led problem

this my video problem
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0630.MOV (2.62 MB, 229 views)
Old 09-24-2016, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

this my video problem
I know your post on LED lighting is pretty old, but did you ever solve your issue? If not, reach out to me. I had the same problem. The is some VCDS coding that's needed for the LEDs to work properly.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

this my video problem
I just came across this and watched your video. Do you realize that the button on the back right that you toggle on and off must be on for the door to activate the LED lights? That's the issue, I'll bet. When I first got my A6 (May), the lights were not coming on when the door was opened. I looked in the manual and it mentioned that toggle switch. I have it on (i.e. luminated red) and the LEDs come on when the door is opened. Try that and see if it doesn't work.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes, I tried that, it still didn't work.

Originally Posted by michael@mathcorp.com
I just came across this and watched your video. Do you realize that the button on the back right that you toggle on and off must be on for the door to activate the LED lights? That's the issue, I'll bet. When I first got my A6 (May), the lights were not coming on when the door was opened. I looked in the manual and it mentioned that toggle switch. I have it on (i.e. luminated red) and the LEDs come on when the door is opened. Try that and see if it doesn't work.
It's the coding via VCDS.

Quick Reply: LED cabin lighting