List of Items to Look At For Service - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

List of Items to Look At For Service

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2014, 06:51 AM   #1
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 726
Default List of Items to Look At For Service

I have my first service coming up @ 15,000 (I got the car CPO at 7,5000 miles).

I am trying to get the full list of things I want them to look at. Can you guys think of anything else, I feel like I'm missing something.

1: Fix the auto-engine shutoff when I exit car
2: Steering update (I hate to get it, but I hate the things I have been feeling recently)
3: MMI update (will have to give them a line about BT problems) - looking forward to improvement in Bose

Added

4: Transmission jerkiness low gears.

Last edited by u2jrmw; 02-18-2014 at 08:59 AM.
u2jrmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
feralc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 1,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2jrmw View Post
I have my first service coming up @ 15,000 (I got the car CPO at 7,5000 miles). I am trying to get the full list of things I want them to look at. Can you guys think of anything else, I feel like I'm missing something. 1: Fix the auto-engine shutoff when I exit car 2: Steering update (I hate to get it, but I hate the things I have been feeling recently) 3: MMI update (will have to give them a line about BT problems) - looking forward to improvement in Bose
Transmission update so there is no jerkiness between 1-2 gear
__________________
FERRARI 360 SPIDER F1 2003
COBRA 1965
DUCATI DIAVEL 2011 CARBON RED
GRAND CHEROKEE ALTITUDE 2015


GONE (BUT NOT FORGOTTEN)
-AUDI A7 PRESTIGE 2012 GIAC STAGE 2 (460HP AND 420 FT-LBS), AWE TOURING DIAMOND BLACK EXHAUST, INJEN INTAKE, EIBACH SPRINGS, MOONLIGHT BLUE/VELVET BEIGE, FULL LEDS, SIDE ASSIST, 20" WHEELS, VAG-COM MODS.
-PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO 2004
-HARLEY DAVIDSON NIGHT ROD SPECIAL 2009
-MERCEDES BENZ SL55 2003 527BHP, 557FT-LBS NO SPEED LIMITER.
-PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 4 2000 MILLENIUM EDITION
-BMW 325CI F1 CABRIO 2003
feralc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralc View Post
Transmission update so there is no jerkiness between 1-2 gear
Bingo! I knew there was something else. Interestingly it has not been as bad during the cold, not sure why.

Thanks
u2jrmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #4
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7
Default

If you tell them you want the MMI update will they do it or do you have to have a problem with it first?
__________________
xPuNjabiBaLL3rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #5
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPuNjabiBaLL3rx View Post
If you tell them you want the MMI update will they do it or do you have to have a problem with it first?
My understanding is that Audi will only reimburse them if it is solving a problem, so most won't just update it for you, which of course is stupid.
u2jrmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #6
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2jrmw View Post
My understanding is that Audi will only reimburse them if it is solving a problem, so most won't just update it for you, which of course is stupid.
That sucks, I really wanted to hear the updated Bose System.
__________________
xPuNjabiBaLL3rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #7
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
gatorguy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPuNjabiBaLL3rx View Post
If you tell them you want the MMI update will they do it or do you have to have a problem with it first?
My dealer did it without me asking. However they argued with me about doing the steering update and transmission update so it really just comes down to your dealer.
__________________
2013 Estoril Blue S6
20" Giovanna Sardina's|ECS Spacers|Custom Spoiler|30% Ceramic Tint|Blacked out filler panel|Escort Max hardwired|Escort ZR4 Laser Shifters|Opti-coat 2.0|Stasis Rear Sway Bar|Audi Puddle Lights

Other rides:
Hottest wife ever
Her 2010 BMW M5
2008 Ford Expedition
gatorguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:45 AM   #8
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPuNjabiBaLL3rx View Post
If you tell them you want the MMI update will they do it or do you have to have a problem with it first?
Cmon now - I am sure you "have a problem" this MMI Update solves. look hard here - It is not rocket science to find them
__________________
2013 A6 3.0t Premium Plus, Garnet Red / Black / Black Headliner, 19" Sport, Side Assist, Cold Weather package

Upgrades:

* X-Pel Ultimate extended hood / fenders (approx 24"), full front bumper, headlights, mirrors and rear bumper trunk loading area
* S6 sport pedals
* Hertz HSK165 Hi-Energy speakers, DLS OA10D Subwoofer, JL XD 700/5 amp, Audio Control LCQ-1 OEM integration, six channel signal processor and equalizer, fully dynamatted rear deck where the sub is mounted
* Cocomats for spring / summer / fall, Lloyds Northridge Mats for winter
* 19" Avant Garde Wheels with Pirelli All Season Tires
* For winter - 18" Elbrus I02 wheels with Michelin X-Ice XI3 tires
* Llumar Air Blue 80 Tint

* Washed with IronX Snow Soap or Chemical Guys Clear Citrus via a foaming lance
* Detailed with CQuartz, Reload, PERL, Ultima Tire & Trim Guard



Maverick61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #9
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorguy7 View Post
My dealer did it without me asking. However they argued with me about doing the steering update and transmission update so it really just comes down to your dealer.
They didn't want to do the steering update? First time I've heard of that problem...
u2jrmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #10
AudiWorld Super User
 
snagitseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SE MA
Posts: 8,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2jrmw View Post
They didn't want to do the steering update? First time I've heard of that problem...
Strange. That one should be a no brainer as Audi has recognized the wandering, notchiness issues experienced by many drivers and has been doing this update automatically w/o informing the customer. It addresses over 160K electric steering cars worldwide and in fact, those that don't want it have to tell the dealer to refrain or it's normally applied. It's sad that Audi's dealer network isn't consistent to Audi's own directives.
__________________

- 2013 A6 3.0T Prestige, Quartz Gray/Black, 19" Sport, Driver Assist, LED headlights,Cold Weather and B&O;
Bridgestone RE970AS tires; XPel Ultimate full front, mirrors and rocker panels, Opti-coat Pro
- 2002 allroad 2.7t - 14y/55K mi and still like new
- 2009 A4 3.2 Prestige w/Nav (sold at 4y/48K mi)
- 2001 A6 2.7t (sold at 8y/98K mi)
snagitseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:03 PM   #11
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 18
Default

Thats odd, when I purchased my Audi CPO that's one of the things they addressed during the CPO process.
freshlysqueezed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:35 AM   #12
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshlysqueezed View Post
Thats odd, when I purchased my Audi CPO that's one of the things they addressed during the CPO process.
I got my CPO before the update was available.
u2jrmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:52 AM   #13
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 433
Default

My friend is a service manager with a Mercedes-Benz dealership. He told me that in order for Mercedes to cover any work done under warranty, the customer must complain about the issue first. Even if there's an update*.

*Unless there's a recall.

So don't ask for updates, just complain that something isn't right. This will ensure that the dealer gets compensated under warranty**.

** Even then, sometimes work/fix won't be performed because no codes were thrown.
in2dwww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #14
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 726
Default

For the MMI update, is issue with BT track information the best excuse to use?
u2jrmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #15
AudiWorld Super User
 
snagitseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SE MA
Posts: 8,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2jrmw View Post
For the MMI update, is issue with BT track information the best excuse to use?
That worked for me.
__________________

- 2013 A6 3.0T Prestige, Quartz Gray/Black, 19" Sport, Driver Assist, LED headlights,Cold Weather and B&O;
Bridgestone RE970AS tires; XPel Ultimate full front, mirrors and rocker panels, Opti-coat Pro
- 2002 allroad 2.7t - 14y/55K mi and still like new
- 2009 A4 3.2 Prestige w/Nav (sold at 4y/48K mi)
- 2001 A6 2.7t (sold at 8y/98K mi)
snagitseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #16
AudiWorld Member
 
fEArmE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 395
Default

If you are not experiencing transmission issue, do not update the software. You may not like the delayed upshift pattern after the update.
fEArmE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #17
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fEArmE View Post
If you are not experiencing transmission issue, do not update the software. You may not like the delayed upshift pattern after the update.
I am definitely experiencing it. If I put my foot down I get a kick in the butt.
u2jrmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #18
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
gatorguy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
Strange. That one should be a no brainer as Audi has recognized the wandering, notchiness issues experienced by many drivers and has been doing this update automatically w/o informing the customer. It addresses over 160K electric steering cars worldwide and in fact, those that don't want it have to tell the dealer to refrain or it's normally applied. It's sad that Audi's dealer network isn't consistent to Audi's own directives.
This dealer isn't even consistent with their own customers. I have talked to the other S6 owners who go to the same dealership and we all have been told different things. Most of us all now only deal with the service manager.

Luckily there will be a new dealership opening in a few months.
__________________
2013 Estoril Blue S6
20" Giovanna Sardina's|ECS Spacers|Custom Spoiler|30% Ceramic Tint|Blacked out filler panel|Escort Max hardwired|Escort ZR4 Laser Shifters|Opti-coat 2.0|Stasis Rear Sway Bar|Audi Puddle Lights

Other rides:
Hottest wife ever
Her 2010 BMW M5
2008 Ford Expedition
gatorguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #19
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2jrmw View Post
For the MMI update, is issue with BT track information the best excuse to use?
What is "BT track", I need to come up with an excuse also
__________________
xPuNjabiBaLL3rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #20
AudiWorld Super User
 
snagitseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SE MA
Posts: 8,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPuNjabiBaLL3rx View Post
What is "BT track", I need to come up with an excuse also
Bluetooth Audio full song information on the screen was missing on certain devices like the iPhones. MMI update 715-1 has restored that for most.
__________________

- 2013 A6 3.0T Prestige, Quartz Gray/Black, 19" Sport, Driver Assist, LED headlights,Cold Weather and B&O;
Bridgestone RE970AS tires; XPel Ultimate full front, mirrors and rocker panels, Opti-coat Pro
- 2002 allroad 2.7t - 14y/55K mi and still like new
- 2009 A4 3.2 Prestige w/Nav (sold at 4y/48K mi)
- 2001 A6 2.7t (sold at 8y/98K mi)
snagitseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community