Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

List your gripes

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfly_A6
That's a lot of gripes. Are you sure you bought the right car for you?
Of course. The thread isn't to knock the car, just to point out what can be improved upon since we already know how awesome the car is.

Maybe someone at Audi will see it and make improvements .
Old 02-20-2014, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by r1racer
Maybe someone at Audi will see it and make improvements .
Someone at AOA may see it but don't count on any changes as a result. They mostly rely on consumer focus groups, survey comments, the dealer network reports and the competition to consider any changes. Then the engineers, supply chain and marketing depts., lawyers and accountants get into the act to decide what should be included or not. Finally, it can sometimes take years for any significant changes to appear. At least with the C7s, they got it much more right than wrong. Best overall car I've ever owned. And I've had 36 of them.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Someone at AOA may see it but don't count on any changes as a result. They mostly rely on consumer focus groups, survey comments, the dealer network reports and the competition to consider any changes. Then the engineers, supply chain and marketing depts., lawyers and accountants get into the act to decide what should be included or not. Finally, it can sometimes take years for any significant changes to appear. At least with the C7s, they got it much more right than wrong. Best overall car I've ever owned. And I've had 36 of them.
Was being sarcastic. They still need to keep improving or someone else will. Especially when the price just goes up & up. It's all about the details.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by r1racer
Was being sarcastic. They still need to keep improving or someone else will. Especially when the price just goes up & up. It's all about the details.
Based on what Audi has accomplished over the last ten years, I have no doubt they will.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's one. Make the damn shock mounts out of metal, and don't make them part of the shocks!!! And if you won't do one or both of the above, cover them under the 4/48 warranty.

Why the hell should I have to drop $1500 at 12k miles to replace my rear shocks because the plastic mounts are making noise? Stupidest design EVER!!! Screw that. Let them fail completely and take the rest of the rear suspension with them. Then maybe Audi will cover them.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

- Less wind and road noise. Love the car otherwise, but not as quiet as the 5 or the E. I really think this is one of the most important features in this range - and no I don't have the 20" sport package with HP tires.

- Higher res screen on the MMI, its good, but not class leading when you look at how crisp iDrive is.

- Add standard fog lights

- Better bolstering on the standard seat, or at least give the option for sport seats for those that want it. Standard seats are the worst in the class hands down, they don't fit the car in looks or comfort.

Agree that some parts of the dash that have been left to bare plastic could be wood, but I am sure they have to leave something for the mid cycle refresh - on the A4 when it went through its mid cycle refresh plain plastic pieces changed to shiny surfaces.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly I have been a Japanese buyer for a long time and my list of gripes on the A6 is short.

- Faster MMI and LTE Audi Connect
- more comfortable seat with longer lower thing support
- ceramic brakes (they can perform as good as semi metallic)
- better brake pedal feel, I find the travel before pads engage too long and the pedal feels soft.
- a third option for steering want it to be firmer
- get the cost of B&O to be more affordable
- and fix the location of the push button stop and the upholder (blocks MMI controllee when ups in)

Not many other things I can think of,

Other than that I love this car so much.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
Here's one. Make the damn shock mounts out of metal, and don't make them part of the shocks!!! And if you won't do one or both of the above, cover them under the 4/48 warranty.

Why the hell should I have to drop $1500 at 12k miles to replace my rear shocks because the plastic mounts are making noise? Stupidest design EVER!!! Screw that. Let them fail completely and take the rest of the rear suspension with them. Then maybe Audi will cover them.
I'd be hesitant to replace the rear shocks with OEM parts that may fail again. Have you considered going with after-market shocks. They may be a lot better and a lot cheaper than the Audi shocks, and have the Metal mounts you want.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dicktahoe
I'd be hesitant to replace the rear shocks with OEM parts that may fail again. Have you considered going with after-market shocks. They may be a lot better and a lot cheaper than the Audi shocks, and have the Metal mounts you want.
I haven't found anything besides coilovers. I'd actually prefer to go to an aftermarket performance shock.

Also still hoping I can convince Audi to cover this.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
I haven't found anything besides coilovers. I'd actually prefer to go to an aftermarket performance shock.

Also still hoping I can convince Audi to cover this.
How about these Koni Shocks--$300 for the pair of Rear Shocks

http://www.carid.com/2012-audi-a6-su...-16476984.html

Quick Reply: List your gripes