Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

MMI Software question

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI Software question

I just bought a 2012 A6 Prestige and had read numerous threads here regarding the latest software update for the MMI. I checked my current software and it reads HN+R_US_AU_P0487 which I was under the impression was an old package. I brought the car to the dealership and requested to have it updated to the (what I thought was the latest update) of 0726. The dealership told me "The software on your MMI system is optimized no other software update is available. The version you showed me does not apply to your MMI system." Can anyone let me know if this is true or is the dealership giving me the runaround? Thanks for any help with this.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Read this thread:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...pdate-2856481/
Old 03-26-2015, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

If you research the MMI update you would see that most dealers will not update unless you state a problem that one of the updates resolves. There are several threads with suggestions on which issues you can use to get the dealer to do the update. Also, the latest MMI version you can update to is 0715-2. 0726 has not been generally reported as being available for an update.
If that doesn't work with your dealer, try another.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Fyi, i have a 2015 loaner in my possession and the mmi version it has is 733. I wonder if i can get the dealer to upgrade mine from 715-2.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zandym
Fyi, i have a 2015 loaner in my possession and the mmi version it has is 733. I wonder if i can get the dealer to upgrade mine from 715-2.

I tend to doubt it. Just got my 2012 A6 back from service where with the guidance of snagitseven I got them to update my PO409 MMI (told them I was getting an occasional "popping" sound from the speakers).

When I picked it up yesterday then said they updated it to the most current. Checked it and it was the 715-2 update.

BTW what get HUGE improvement in both sound quality and volume!

I love this place!
Old 03-27-2015, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by zandym
If you read my post #3 you would see that the latest possible upgrade is 0715-2. Audi has not made later versions available for updates.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I also have the PO409 MMI version on my A6 that I just purchased late last year. Because of mileage the warranty has expired. Is an upgrade to 0715-2 something a dealer would do if I pay for it, or is it something they only do as warranty work if people complain of problems. Anyone have any idea what they might charge? Is it worth it? I've also heard that modules and other things can fail after the upgrade. How common is this? I might consider it, especially for the improved sound quality.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by engleg
I also have the PO409 MMI version on my A6 that I just purchased late last year. Because of mileage the warranty has expired. Is an upgrade to 0715-2 something a dealer would do if I pay for it, or is it something they only do as warranty work if people complain of problems. Anyone have any idea what they might charge? Is it worth it? I've also heard that modules and other things can fail after the upgrade. How common is this? I might consider it, especially for the improved sound quality.
Do NOT pay for it.

It is covered under warranty ... as long as there is a valid complaint. My invoice for $00.0 says the following:
"Owner hears an intermittent popping noise through the sound system at times . Performed software update per bulletin"
There is a TSB that addresses that very issue. Worked for me! Get it done, the difference is substantial.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by tompas
Do NOT pay for it.

It is covered under warranty ... as long as there is a valid complaint. My invoice for $00.0 says the following:
"Owner hears an intermittent popping noise through the sound system at times . Performed software update per bulletin"
There is a TSB that addresses that very issue. Worked for me! Get it done, the difference is substantial.
He stated his car is out of warranty. Chances are he would have to pay for it if a dealer would be even willing to do it at this point. Also, his engine has modded - that could present a further issue to the dealer.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tompas
Do NOT pay for it.

What is the latest software version you got?

Quick Reply: MMI Software question